Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many min's this season then?
Hope he has a swift recovery, but 'kinell like, I do wonder why he was risked to that extent :(

I know Gibson is a bit of a crock anyway, but let's face it: asking PL players to go back to back international football matches in four days during a tough league campaign is asking for trouble. We should be thankful we had 17 players out and (as far as I'm aware) the other 16 are back unscathed.

Problem is we go through this same meaningless charade in a months time again on the build up to a busy Christmas.

Our plans will be severely tested by these games, I believe.

They never come back the same after a cruciate. Arteta lost all his speed and strength. He used to be able to dance up the wing and take on full backs, now he's had to adapt his game to sitting deeper and using his passing quality. Equally jagielka used to be lightning before he did his. he's still fairly quick now but nothing like what he used to be. He's improved his positional game because of it but he's not the same. The same for Lucas at Liverpool, he's come back alright but just not quite at that level before he went. Yakubu never got back to it, perhaps you could say the same for Anichebe. Seeing as Gibson had no real pace anyway perhaps it won't be as noticeable for him. Its the worst injury for a footballer to get and it seems that Everton has more of them than anyone else. Bit like when Cahill used to do his metatarsal every season in the final pre season game and the way Arteta used to seem to miss every derby match. We've smashed a load of mirrors somewhere with the way we pick up injuries.

I know Gibson is a bit of a crock anyway, but let's face it: asking PL players to go back to back international football matches in four days during a tough league campaign is asking for trouble. We should be thankful we had 17 players out and (as far as I'm aware) the other 16 are back unscathed.

Problem is we go through this same meaningless charade in a months time again on the build up to a busy Christmas.

at least England made it though eh ?

They never come back the same after a cruciate. Arteta lost all his speed and strength. He used to be able to dance up the wing and take on full backs, now he's had to adapt his game to sitting deeper and using his passing quality. Equally jagielka used to be lightning before he did his. he's still fairly quick now but nothing like what he used to be. He's improved his positional game because of it but he's not the same. The same for Lucas at Liverpool, he's come back alright but just not quite at that level before he went. Yakubu never got back to it, perhaps you could say the same for Anichebe. Seeing as Gibson had no real pace anyway perhaps it won't be as noticeable for him. Its the worst injury for a footballer to get and it seems that Everton has more of them than anyone else. Bit like when Cahill used to do his metatarsal every season in the final pre season game and the way Arteta used to seem to miss every derby match. We've smashed a load of mirrors somewhere with the way we pick up injuries.

Im sorry, but he has never done that.

If he was considered fit I can see why he'd want to play some, and also why it would be beneficial for him/us to acquaint himself with McCarthy. Maybe he's been under constant risk for all we know.

Barry looking like an even more inspired signing now then!

wonder will gibson be offering 50/50s to lids on twitter now?

Sick of him being injured tbh. Saha Mk II

Has that actually got anything to do with the injury, or was it just bad luck? I heard it was just from landing badly, in which case it could have happened anytime - on international duty, in training, against Hull this weekend..

Also, this shouldn't have to much long term effect on his performance imo, medical procedures are such now that players can come back from ACL/MCL issues much better than they used too. Several NBA players recently have had similar injuries, and after surgery/rehab have come back at very nearly, if not at, 100%, and for some of them (eg Derrick Rose), their athleticism is a massive part of their game. If they can do it, I'm sure Gibson will be fine.

Dont understand the fume, if it was a reoccurrence of the thigh problems he's been having i would understand, but this is something completely different, freak accident on the football pitch.

Has that actually got anything to do with the injury, or was it just bad luck? I heard it was just from landing badly, in which case it could have happened anytime - on international duty, in training, against Hull this weekend..

Also, this shouldn't have to much long term effect on his performance imo, medical procedures are such now that players can come back from ACL/MCL issues much better than they used too. Several NBA players recently have had similar injuries, and after surgery/rehab have come back at very nearly, if not at, 100%, and for some of them (eg Derrick Rose), their athleticism is a massive part of their game. If they can do it, I'm sure Gibson will be fine.

I hope so mate

He has had multiple injuries in the past

I'm not sure whether that will increase his rehab time or not

Status
Not open for further replies.