Dave Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

It probably bores you young lads when auld arses like me wax lyrical about earlier teams and players. But this guy was an ace player. Not as absolutely unstoppable as Kanchelskis but excellentPossibly more consistent than him though. Brilliant partner for Latchford in the way Deulofeu is helping Lukaku now.

It probably bores you young lads when auld arses like me wax lyrical about earlier teams and players. But this guy was an ace player. Not as absolutely unstoppable as Kanchelskis but excellentPossibly more consistent than him though. Brilliant partner for Latchford in the way Deulofeu is helping Lukaku now.

Youngsters ain't never lived, never known the 70's :dodgy:

Great days (sometimes)

Too young to have seen him play unfortunately. It was a very sad interview but made up to hear he got his guide dog. I have a mate who has exactly the same condition and his dog is an absolute god send to him.

Youngsters ain't never lived, never known the 70's :dodgy:

Great days (sometimes)
Remember my old man and his mates with the party 7s, and trying to keep a young me entertained.
I read Brian Viner's interview with him, where Brian admitted that he'd been talking to a mate about Dave's condition, and the pal, whilst sympathetic, opined that he'd still be able to find Latchford in the area - and Dave cracked up at that. Great fella.

It is strange how the young mind works! I saw Harvey, Ball and Kendall as a young man, Joe Royle too, but they were other peoples heroes, not really mine. it was only when we bought Big Bob that i felt i had a hero who was mine? And idolise him as I undoubtedly did, even then I freely admitted he wouldnt have been half the centre forward he was without Davey Thomas sending those laser beam crosses straight to Bobs noggin!

For two seasons, they were unplayable and as fine a partnership as i have ever had the honour to witness? Like LouReed, i felt a bit choked when he started to break up in that interview! I loved the man as did many, many others! I think the younger generation should also be told how good the Burnley and QPR sides he played for where! This guy was absolutely top drawer! God bless you Dave, my moolah has been posted onto your just giving page and i urge everybody here to do the same, the least the man deserves for all those precious memories

Status
Not open for further replies.