David Henen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said this in another thread and I'll say it here again..

Last year of contract or not - 'Genuine' wonderkids do not get sold for one million pounds.

James Rodriguez was signed by Porto at the age of 19 for about €5m, I'd imagine 4 years ago the exchange rate was quite generous against the pound and wouldn't be to far off what we're rumoured to be paying here.

Anyway fast forward 4 years and Rodriguez has just had a great World Cup and today signed for Real Madrid for a fee in the region of £65m. Given him a chance ha, they all deserve a chance regardless of the price tag.

Right. No one thinking clearly expects him to be brilliant on day one. Especially when he only cost a million.

On the other hand, we've seen players like Stones and Coleman turn into great players. There's no reason why he couldn't do the same. That's the exciting prospect, not that he'll fly out of the blocks and score 20 league goals next season.
He actually looks quite useful to me. But he will be given time, we will do what we can for him and hopefully nurture a potential first teamer through our system.

James Rodriguez was signed by Porto at the age of 19 for about €5m, I'd imagine 4 years ago the exchange rate was quite generous against the pound and wouldn't be to far off what we're rumoured to be paying here.

Anyway fast forward 4 years and Rodriguez has just had a great World Cup and today signed for Real Madrid for a fee in the region of £65m. Given him a chance ha, they all deserve a chance regardless of the price tag.

Really? I thought that he was going to Liverpool!

Really? I thought that he was going to Liverpool!

It was a close call like, but he just couldn't live up to Brenda's awesomeness requirements, he didn't feel he could make the step up. It's a sideways move obviously but their still looking at getting that Southampton player in who's brilliant and the best in the world in his position.

I hope they are. It's very rare that a side progresses by adding 6 new players to the first team at once. Spurs tried it last year, and Man City a few years before in their first wave of big money (Giovanni, Elano, etc). It tends not to work out.

Get Barry and Lukaku, loan a winger to go straight into the first team and sign three youngsters who can provide cover in the short term and grow into proper Everton players in the medium term (Galloway, Besic, Henen) and we're laughing.

It was a close call like, but he just couldn't live up to Brenda's awesomeness requirements, he didn't feel he could make the step up. It's a sideways move obviously but their still looking at getting that Southampton player in who's brilliant and the best in the world in his position.
I suspect that RAWK will conclude that he's just a greedy ..............who was never fit to wear the shirt.

Nowhere have I said that he's a bad buy or not deserving of a chance.

But I don't think it's unreasonable that some just warn of a bit of caution at the term "wonderkid"

It's not helpful to the player.

For anyone who still has questions, I have prepared a comprehensive factsheet about our new signing.

xtM0MSQ.jpg

Nowhere have I said that he's a bad buy or not deserving of a chance.

But I don't think it's unreasonable that some just warn of a bit of caution at the term "wonderkid"

It's not helpful to the player.

It's best a throwaway comment, a soundbite. Nobody believes this kids going to come in and start ripping up trees, you're reading to much into this and you're the only poster who's continually using the "wonderkid" phrase!

Status
Not open for further replies.