David Johnson RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't he score 13 seconds after coming on as a sub v Watford in about 82? I remember there was only 13000 there to see it. R.IP

Didn't he score 13 seconds after coming on as a sub v Watford in about 82? I remember there was only 13000 there to see it. R.IP
I can’t remember the sub part but I think he scored that one with a part of the body euphemistically called “the midriff”.

Funnily enough, that's probably my main memory of him, I was too young to see him play for us first time round. I think he ran straight from the touchline into their penalty area for a corner or maybe a free kick and scored straight away. Anyway, here's the details from that game in the link below, though the crowd was actually bigger than you might remember(over 19000)? There's a little note at the bottom which explains how quickly he scored after coming onto the pitch.

RIP David Johnson.

Last edited:
Funnily enough, that's probably my main memory of him, I was too young to see him play for us first time round. I think he ran straight from the touchline into their penalty area for a corner or maybe a free kick and scored straight away. Anyway, here's the details from that game in the link below, though the crowd was actually bigger than you might remember(over 19000)? There's a little note at the bottom which explains how quickly he scored after coming onto the pitch.

RIP David Johnson.

Think it was on highlights that night with Martin Tyler commentating on it. Funnily enough later that year but the following seson (83/84) he scored the only goal of the game at home to Watford again, when there was actually only 13k for that one..

Status
Not open for further replies.