Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes is a terrible manager now because he hasn't changed with how football has changed in the last 5-7 years, but I think if he had Lukaku in 12-13 we would be looking at that season as the best of the decade instead of 13-14.

Mr Moyes saved us on numerous occasions with a paper thin squad and a tiny transfer budget so not sure why he gets all the negativity from us. The jump from us to Man U was massive and yeh he flopped but he was given the chance which he took and who could blame him? Since then he’s kind of been left behind and his tactics look a bit dated like so many of the managers from the early 2000’s. He did wonders with us back in the day and he’l always be a legend in my eyes.

Mr Moyes saved us on numerous occasions with a paper thin squad and a tiny transfer budget so not sure why he gets all the negativity from us. The jump from us to Man U was massive and yeh he flopped but he was given the chance which he took and who could blame him? Since then he’s kind of been left behind and his tactics look a bit dated like so many of the managers from the early 2000’s. He did wonders with us back in the day and he’l always be a legend in my eyes.
To be honest, West Ham seemed to improve quite a bit under him. The results were not there, but they should have beaten Liverpool, while they actually dominated Arsenal and were very unlucky not to get at least two goals and all the points.

What surprised me most is they look quite threatening with the ball, and have been quite attacking, even when ceding possession.His signings in January also looked quite good, particularly Soucek (who I had never even heard of) and Bowen.

Last edited:
Main thing is he helped us stay solvent!

This is a good one - David Moyes delivery driver.:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/david-moyes-finds-new-role-21911508

Moyes revealed: “When the coronavirus first hit here, I was in a fruit-and-veg shop in the village. There was a thing up in the window that drivers were needed. So I volunteered, as my wife was away at the time and I was on my own.

“All I was doing was dropping it at the door, knocking and then going away. It was beautiful big boxes of fruit and veg. I thought, ‘This is great!’ I was really enjoying it. Going back to the shop to get another lot and then filling the car up.”

There's even a bit about how he used a tip to make up the difference on some old bird's delivery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back