Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read that myself, absolutely no chance West Ham are taking him on @ £100k per week, they backed out due to wages originally and I doubt Moyes has seen anything to change his mind this season.
Might be sniffing after a loan I suppose with us paying the usual 50% of the wages.
The bolded part is simply not true.

Below that is just bizarre.

remembers the days of a knife to a gunfight*...

sigh*

M%2B7%2BGIF.gif

The bolded part is simply not true.

Below that is just bizarre.
Really? can post loads of links saying they couldn’t agree personal terms after agreeing a fee with Lille, but I’m sure you know how to use google.
What has he done that makes him look like good value for £100k per week? NB I’m not saying he’s a bad player, simply that he remains a youngster with potential £100k per week is the reserve of clubs with loads of money or owners with more money than sense. Equally a Man Utd wouldn’t balk at paying £100k per week for a 21 year old, but West Ham aren’t Man U.
Maybe the bizarre bit is regarding our tendency to loan high earners out while picking up significant parts of their salary? Again well documented unfortunately.

Really? can post loads of links saying they couldn’t agree personal terms after agreeing a fee with Lille, but I’m sure you know how to use google.
What has he done that makes him look like good value for £100k per week? NB I’m not saying he’s a bad player, simply that he remains a youngster with potential £100k per week is the reserve of clubs with loads of money or owners with more money than sense. Equally a Man Utd wouldn’t balk at paying £100k per week for a 21 year old, but West Ham aren’t Man U.
Maybe the bizarre bit is regarding our tendency to loan high earners out while picking up significant parts of their salary? Again well documented unfortunately.

1st: Those wage details were clearly leaked by West Ham after he turned them down. This was also discussed at the time.

2nd: What makes a player who has seen their value double and sits around the top for stats comparable with the best in the league? Is that a real question?

3rd: Can you name one of Evertons starting players with a valuation north of £60mil that has previoisly been loaned with the club splitting their wages?

1st: Those wage details were clearly leaked by West Ham after he turned them down. This was also discussed at the time.

2nd: What makes a player who has seen their value double and sits around the top for stats comparable with the best in the league? Is that a real question?

3rd: Can you name one of Evertons starting players with a valuation north of £60mil that has previoisly been loaned with the club splitting their wages?
1st - Maybe they did, but why did he turn them down though? It was widely reported they wouldn’t match his wage demands 🤷🏻‍♂️.
2nd - tbh have trouble correlating that question to anything I’ve said.
3rd - No I can’t, but IF the market says he’s worth north of £60m I’ve not doubt he would be sold assuming he wanted out, my point was / is I don’t think Wham would pay that plus £100k per week, so any interest they may have have been related to loaning him. Besides it was ½ in jest as we would have options to sell him rather than embark on another subsidised loan.

1st - Maybe they did, but why did he turn them down though? It was widely reported they wouldn’t match his wage demands 🤷🏻‍♂️.
2nd - tbh have trouble correlating that question to anything I’ve said.
3rd - No I can’t, but IF the market says he’s worth north of £60m I’ve not doubt he would be sold assuming he wanted out, my point was / is I don’t think Wham would pay that plus £100k per week, so any interest they may have have been related to loaning him. Besides it was ½ in jest as we would have options to sell him rather than embark on another subsidised loan.

I believe he wanted to play for Lampard. Essien made a statement that he wanted to play for one of his 'idols' Paul Le Guen at Lyon when we were in talks with Bastia for him many moons ago. Some players want to play for top notch big name ex pros...

In terme of good value -- i was saying that for £100k a week he's proved to be good value with those stats comparable with the leagues best and his fee being around double now.

So thats what hes done to make him good value at £100k a week :)

Edit: Also now being a starter and leader for Belgium will add more value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back