Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomori walks away from West-ham after all agreed including wages and agents fee etc.

I know they have had some great results, but I have no doubt it's toxic there. Truth will come out eventually

Tomori walks away from West-ham after all agreed including wages and agents fee etc.

I know they have had some great results, but I have no doubt it's toxic there. Truth will come out eventually

Yeah and tbf they're playing some really good stuff too, looking like a side transformed. Have a decent first eleven and some half decent backup. Tomori can sit idle on the bench all season, he'll still collect his wages and quickly fade from people's thoughts, may find it very hard indeed to find another club if not playing.

Tbf to Alan Irvine, it's he himself who insists it's still very much David Moyes who's responsible for the great turnaround in results they've hsd. He said Moyes still picks and prepares the team, making all the decisions on approach and strategy as well as keeping a close eye on the games themselves via a link to Stuart Pierce, Pierce then relays instructions straight to Alan to take the instructed action.

Maybe Moyes could return wearing an Alan Irvine facemask, as he still seems responsible for everything else.

Tbf to Alan Irvine, it's he himself who insists it's still very much David Moyes who's responsible for the great turnaround in results they've hsd. He said Moyes still picks and prepares the team, making all the decisions on approach and strategy as well as keeping a close eye on the games themselves via a link to Stuart Pierce, Pierce then relays instructions straight to Alan to take the instructed action.

Maybe Moyes could return wearing an Alan Irvine facemask, as he still seems responsible for everything else.

What Moyes has done well, is get good, experienced people around him. Irvine who's worked closely with him before. Pearce who is pretty no nonsense and well regarded there. Nolan is also well regarded there and a young manager/coach in his own right. They've also got one of the top FA coaches. It's a big management team but one which you feel is well balanced.

He's also very good in the role he's been given, which is essentially taking a terrible team destined for relegation to mid table with vurtually no money to spend. There are other limitations- it won't be pretty at times, but he is one of the best at doing that.

What Moyes has done well, is get good, experienced people around him. Irvine who's worked closely with him before. Pearce who is pretty no nonsense and well regarded there. Nolan is also well regarded there and a young manager/coach in his own right. They've also got one of the top FA coaches. It's a big management team but one which you feel is well balanced.

He's also very good in the role he's been given, which is essentially taking a terrible team destined for relegation to mid table with vurtually no money to spend. There are other limitations- it won't be pretty at times, but he is one of the best at doing that.
From that description you make him sound like a more palatable Sam Allardyce.

Our players completely wrapped in towards the end of last season. Wouldn’t have happened with a crowd.

Goodison would be absolutely bouncing watching the side right now.
Last season there was nothing really to play for except pride and to prove you were capable of being in the squad long term. I agree that many appeared to dial it in. The cull of those is still undergoing I hope.

Playing this season is evening out the talent levels of those who have it and can do it in front of 30+ thousand in the stands and those who have the skill level but can't quite do it in front of crowds is my guess. I am sure Goodison would be bouncing and adding an effect for the team right now, but I also suspect that if things weren't going quite our way, we could have a negative impact that the team doesn't seem to worry about so much if there is any set back such as a Pickford blunder.

Whatever the case may be, at least it's the same for all teams at the moment, so it's a case of who can cope with it the best deserves some appreciation for being able to do that, and those that struggle need to work out how to before it ruins their season.

Last season there was nothing really to play for except pride and to prove you were capable of being in the squad long term. I agree that many appeared to dial it in. The cull of those is still undergoing I hope.

Playing this season is evening out the talent levels of those who have it and can do it in front of 30+ thousand in the stands and those who have the skill level but can't quite do it in front of crowds is my guess. I am sure Goodison would be bouncing and adding an effect for the team right now, but I also suspect that if things weren't going quite our way, we could have a negative impact that the team doesn't seem to worry about so much if there is any set back such as a Pickford blunder.

Whatever the case may be, at least it's the same for all teams at the moment, so it's a case of who can cope with it the best deserves some appreciation for being able to do that, and those that struggle need to work out how to before it ruins their season.

I'm pretty sure Michael Keane would be but a shell of the player he is now with crowds, our crowd did absolutely nothing but harm to him, almost destroyed him.

Tbh DCL wasn't good after the restart either, I would disregard those games absolutely, as you inferred possibly some of the least important we've played in the whole of our history

I'm pretty sure Michael Keane would be but a shell of the player he is now with crowds, our crowd did absolutely nothing but harm to him, almost destroyed him.

Tbh DCL wasn't good after the restart either, I would disregard those games absolutely, as you inferred possibly some of the least important we've played in the whole of our history
I was only saying to my mum, that it's be interesting to see those games again and how we set out against this season's performances and if our defence/ attack was set up for the current midfield - and it's absence meant it was useless except to prime those 2 parts of the team for the incomings. I actually haven't done that and frankly gave up watching them as they were so poor soon after the rs match, but maybe someone who remained viewing them could point out if that was the case or they were just abjectly miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back