David Weir the new Sheffield United manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a matter of time before he is back at Goodison.

And to think he was in the running to take the Everton Job.....

disgusted-face.jpg

Only a matter of time before he is back at Goodison.

And to think he was in the running to take the Everton Job.....

disgusted-face.jpg

Moyes thinks a lot of him to put him forward for the Everton job; surely he'll be rolling out the red carpet at Man Utd for him to join them? You know...if Moyes really did think he was good enough for us....and not just a placeman to winkle our best players out to United for him...

Lot of good managers fail at their first job as long as Weir learns he could come back better but he needs to find his own style and not slavishly copy others.

Carsley's quotes saying they ring Moyes all the time is worrying.

Lot of good managers fail at their first job as long as Weir learns he could come back better but he needs to find his own style and not slavishly copy others.

Carsley's quotes saying they ring Moyes all the time is worrying.

can picture Moyes on speaker phone

Not yet, but it won't be long, as sure as night follows day.

They think he's a bit of a goon & he's been acting like a rabbit caught in the headlights for weeks from what I've heard.

Weir said last night: 'I'm not afraid of the sack'.

I'd have thought that might be a good thing to be when you're looking to keep your job. Bit of motivation.

The thing about Weir (good servant of Everton for a spell and all that set aside) is that he had that air of expectation about himself...a belief he had the right to walk into a job and make it a success when he'd barely had six months as Stubbs' assistant with our U21s.

IMO, there should be some paying of dues to land a managerial job. It shouldn't be on the say-so of an existing PL manager who no doubt put a word in. I bet Wolves are breathing a sigh of relief.

I'd have thought that might be a good thing to be when you're looking to keep your job. Bit of motivation.

The thing about Weir (good servant of Everton for a spell and all that set aside) is that he had that air of expectation about himself...a belief he had the right to walk into a job and make it a success when he'd barely had six months as Stubbs' assistant with our U21s.

IMO, there should be some paying of dues to land a managerial job. It shouldn't be on the say-so of an existing PL manager who no doubt put a word in. I bet Wolves are breathing a sigh of relief.

I agree, the job was too big as a starting point for a fledgling manager.

Sheffield United is a big club & there's a massive level of expectation given their recent takeover & the fact that they're languishing in a division that is not befitting of their status.

His tactics have been dire by all accounts, he's played 1 up front every week from the off - even at home & it's pissed off the diehards, who think they should be waltzing that division & therefore on the front foot consistently.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got canned today.

I agree, the job was too big as a starting point for a fledgling manager.

Sheffield United is a big club & there's a massive level of expectation given their recent takeover & the fact that they're languishing in a division that is not befitting of their status.

His tactics have been dire by all accounts, he's played 1 up front every week from the off - even at home & it's pissed off the diehards, who think they should be waltzing that division & therefore on the front foot consistently.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got canned today.

The football he's been trying to play sounds good - knocking it to feet; but trying to play possession based footy in Div One isn't going to get the job done, I dont think. The Sheff Utd fans are going mental he hasn't been more direct. They want a scrapper as manager - someone like Warnock who'll get them flying into challenges and being tough to beat. Weir;s lot have shipped 17 goals and scored 7. He's a likeable feller, but he needs to jib that game plan and roll his sleeves up or he's getting the sack VERY soon. As you say, it may already be too late.

I know I am, that was one near miss.

I think wolves learned there lesson; Dean Saunders

Moyes thinks a lot of him to put him forward for the Everton job; surely he'll be rolling out the red carpet at Man Utd for him to join them? You know...if Moyes really did think he was good enough for us....and not just a placeman to winkle our best players out to United for him...

It will be a mystery if Moyes doesn't swoop to take him to Man U as soon as he's sacked.

But stranger things have happened, I'm still scratching my head as to why he hasn't bolstered their midfield with England International, Leon Osman.

Status
Not open for further replies.