Deadwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verbal Kint

Player Valuation: £35m
A lot has been said about what we need to add to the squad, a keeper was my own priority at the start of the window but giving Joel's performance recently I wouldn't fancy David Marshall for £8m now.We know we need another defender and we are crying out for another winger or two, in order to add the 4/5 more players we need Roberto needs to get rid of the what I would call Deadwood currently at the club.

Howard :may seem harsh but he is on good wages and a long term deal, would we want him goals Monday night against WBA. He needs shipping out A.S.A.P.

Hibbert: Baffled how he warranted a new contract, I am all for loyalty but the shower across the road only offered an all time hero a 1 year deal. Why?? Because it was the right thing to do.

Osman: See above

Distin: I can see why he got an extension, was very good last year, but his time is up.

Alcarez: Cost nothing, been unfortunate with Injuries, but problem is he is always injured.

Pienaar: Been a great wee player for us, but never elite and doesn't score enough goals for a winger. Time is right to ship him out.

Gibson: Was a great signing for £1m, problem with him is injuries. Seems to be 4th choice Cm at the moment and with young players with big reputations like Ledson and Dowell in the ranks it makes no sense having him on the books.

These are the most high profile player's that could be shipped out and the would free up enough wages to sign 3 extremely good players. The squad could be bolstered by the "amazing" youth player's Bobby keeps talking about.

Sorry if there is a thread that already covers this, Admins feel free to ship me out too :dance:

Need replacements before shipping out. Some will come through from the U21s but not enough. The potential will not be reached....or at this point is exaggerated.

starting CB's Stones and Jags.....cover is weak.....will Browning come through quick enough, not sure, we need to add here....until we do Distin and Birdman must stay musn't they ?

wingers.....Mirallas is our only winger of note. McGeady, Pienaar, not for me. The rest are stop gap players out of position. Oviedo, Eto'o, Barkeley, Naismith. We need to add here....we are super weak.

Def Mid....Besic and James Mc......Barry will be cover whilst others rest, move in and out of form.....because we play two I wouldn't lose Gibson until Ledson pushes him out.....but that will be a while off.

Osman good cover in a number of roles in Midfield....on his day great....not too many days anymore....keep until others come in / break through.

Hibbert...solid and dependable. No longer first choice, but we are not looking to replace Coleman and Hibbert is a solid back up....he stays for me.

So I guess, we agree on the same problems but I have a different response. Keep, until we replace or youngsters break through. None of these players is blocking progress of youth.

I also expected a thread on deadwood, and started to think it was a duplicate one to the current one that exists.

They're definitely all surplus for me. Gibson I like but never fit, get him off wage bill unless he can get fit again. Pienaar very overrated, never fit anymore either but useful when he is. If we had a pot to piss in both could go but I wouldn't be surprised if they both stayed.

Can see Distin going and Alcaraz staying. Howard will go to MLS if we sign another long term keeper. Hibbert will stay, Osman might retire.

Would leave us with a very thin squad and we're already short of quality in some places.

For instance if Distin doesn't get a new deal, then I expect Alcaraz to and a quality centrebacks to come in as his replacement. Same with Osman and Pienaar.

It will a gradual phasing out of these players over the next 18 months because to make wholesale changes is never a good idea and we've not got the budget to cover it in one hit either.

Hibbert: Baffled how he warranted a new contract, I am all for loyalty but the shower across the road only offered an all time hero a 1 year deal. Why?? Because it was the right thing to do.

Hibbert has shown that it was the right thing to do in the summer, we have needed him a few times this season and he hasnt let us down, its a shame we got ourselves into a position where we did need him but that is another issue.

Howard :may seem harsh but he is on good wages and a long term deal, would we want him goals Monday night against WBA. He needs shipping out A.S.A.P.

Osman: See above

Distin: I can see why he got an extension, was very good last year, but his time is up.

Alcarez: Cost nothing, been unfortunate with Injuries, but problem is he is always injured.

Pienaar: Been a great wee player for us, but never elite and doesn't score enough goals for a winger. Time is right to ship him out.

Gibson: Was a great signing for £1m, problem with him is injuries. Seems to be 4th choice Cm at the moment and with young players with big reputations like Ledson and Dowell in the ranks it makes no sense having him on the books.

I wonder how much the total wage is of all the players you mention there? We are probably wasting over 200k a week on wages for deadwood players. If we got rid of them we should have plenty of money available for the wages of new players.

Hibbert has shown that it was the right thing to do in the summer, we have needed him a few times this season and he hasnt let us down, its a shame we got ourselves into a position where we did need him but that is another issue.
Probally a better youger right back in the championship TBH - He should hve been offered a coaching role in the youth system as he has been a great servant and a good solid right back for us, time to hang his boots up we have to find younger players.

I wonder how much the total wage is of all the players you mention there? We are probably wasting over 200k a week on wages for deadwood players. If we got rid of them we should have plenty of money available for the wages of new players.

200k would be a conservative number in my opinion. Total guesses here but Howard 50k Distin 50k Gibbo 40k Alcarez 30k Hibbert and Ossie 30k and Pienaar would be surely 50k giving he left for a higher wage to spurs in the first place. At least 300k based on absolutely no knowledge whatsoever. I know he would get 4 good 75k a week players instead of the named players.

Status
Not open for further replies.