Debt Free ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the debt is the biggest stumbling block - it;s the fact that the stadium doesn't generate enough matchday revenue for us to make a profit

I think the club is terrible at making money on match days. They have a captive audience, their should be more options in the ground for people to waste their money on! A club shop inside the ground for instance, cash machines for people to access said money.

As for the 60M for 3 players. Who is going to buy all 3? The same handful of clubs would want these players but I doubt we could get enough interest to ship out all 3 at the same time.

Can i just ask something ive asked on here before (but forgotten the answer to)...

Why - when Everton dont have much debt - do other clubs spend far more money than us, when they have much more debt than us? How is that possible?

And when we do get debt free, does that mean we start to go up the table again as we get more money each season? Or are we just going to be able to spend what we sell?

I would love to explore this option. To live within our means. If we could get a few journeymen in from the Championship for low prices, blood some of the kids and stay up.

All of our money would be ours, pay off the Goodison mortage, buy Finch Farm and each and every penny we get would be ours not the banks.

Then build, properly within our means.

Where do I sign?

FFS, I didn't know Goodison had been mortgaged. :blink:

Can i just ask something ive asked on here before (but forgotten the answer to)...

Why - when Everton dont have much debt - do other clubs spend far more money than us, when they have much more debt than us? How is that possible?

And when we do get debt free, does that mean we start to go up the table again as we get more money each season? Or are we just going to be able to spend what we sell?

Because they have owners with cash to throw away. We don't. Simples.

We're not doing a whole lot wrong. We're in the better half of the PL for debt and operating losses. We just don't have any money to piss away.

Good Question. Someone please answer.

IIRC we had a relatively high wage to turnover ratio before the sale of Arteta and Yakubu at least.
Spend what we sell until we start making serious profits year on year, which is difficult to do in football, or we get bought out by someone who's willing to throw money at it. The main issue is marketing, we don't have as much influence outside of the UK as other clubs, especially in Asia where the biggest markets are. The other issue is we need to make more on a matchday, which requires a new stadium or a serious redevelopment of Goodison, neither of which seems to be on the books.

Spend what we sell until we start making serious profits year on year, which is difficult to do in football, or we get bought out by someone who's willing to throw money at it. The main issue is marketing, we don't have as much influence outside of the UK as other clubs, especially in Asia where the biggest markets are. The other issue is we need to make more on a matchday, which requires a new stadium or a serious redevelopment of Goodison, neither of which seems to be on the books.

When you say marketing what do you mean? Because we get plenty of support from Australians - purely down to the fact we have their best player in our team, and we have the chang deal, and then alot of Americans know Everton through Tim Howard and now Landon Donovan

We are known abroad - more than alot of clubs, nothing just seems to go right for us really...

If a buyer offers £150m but that is if the club is debt free , the options are , Directors use their own cash to pay off the debt , or , they use some of the £150m to pay off the debt , say £50m leaving their share as £100m , or they sell players to pay off the debt , weakening the squad but meaning they get the full £150m , in the mean time they bolster the squad by making player loans or cheap / free stop gap buys .

It's obvious innit ?

It's impossible for your profits to keep up with your expectations in the Premier League. We could get a new 55,000 seater stadium, lucrative sponsorship deal and turn a £15m profit year on year. Then our fans would say "right, 7th isn't enough, we want 4th" so we'd have to sign players on 80k-100k a week and that would reduce our profits substantially.

I honestly don't believe it is possible for Everton to operate as a top 4 club solely on our revenues. Without the global brand of the plastic clubs we'd need a blank cheque.

Goodison should be done piecemeal. It starts with the Bullens side, the school and a few houses. Allowing for a bigger development that side and a tear of corporate on top of the park end with function rooms, as well as filling in the Bullens-Park corner.
There is a stadium up the road that used to home the LFC reserves that is increasing capacity because it sells out and the four corners were left available for development. 15.5k up to 21k. The sooner the ball is rolling the sooner a better picture arrives.

Also, ''investment'' means putting something in to get the same thing back plus a return. The sheer volume of accounts on here pleading for investment when they actually mean philanthropic giving is mind boggling.

Getting debt free won't really mean much in truth, because we'll still have the joke of a board and loss making business that we already have. We'll be straight back into debt without new ideas or investment.

When you say marketing what do you mean? Because we get plenty of support from Australians - purely down to the fact we have their best player in our team, and we have the chang deal, and then alot of Americans know Everton through Tim Howard and now Landon Donovan

We are known abroad - more than alot of clubs, nothing just seems to go right for us really...
I mean that due to our exclusivity deal on shirts we can't sell anything abroad really, so whilst there is a potential market we can't really go for it. We've taken baby steps towards the international market as you say with Donovan, Chang, various American tours and in Australia, but we are hamstrung by the exclusivity arangement with Kitbag.

We would get in 60 million and still be skint with no money for signings and have huge debt, because the board is bobbins.

Early repayment fees. £17m off a £45m debt would probably leave us with like £35m, so they just restructure it to reduce interest repayments.

Not sure how it works in the UK but surely repaying our debt early wouldn't cost us £7m?!?!? Also it would be interest reducing so we should see that in our bottom line for this years profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.