2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I lived in London my barber (Spurs fan) hated him because of his attitude etc. and told me a story of how he met him on a night out and he was an arrogant bell end. Due to that and his form falling off a cliff I was initially very disappointed when we signed him.

Maybe I’m too hopeful/optimistic but I’d like to give him a chance to turn it around. I think every player deserves a fresh start. At least he has a manager that believes in him.

However, gut feeling is he won’t get back to the levels he was at in his first few years at Spurs.

I really want to be optimistic but I’ve never felt good about this signing since it was first rumoured. Don’t like him, don’t rate him, no heart and didn’t look like he wanted to be out there today which is a worrying sign considering it’s his debut and supposed to be a fresh start with a point to prove. A player that I’m just not sure has the appetite or for professional football.

I wasn't expecting him to return to form overnight.

He was thrown in at the deep end due to injuries.

He was far from our worse player tonight. He showed a few good touches and made some decent runs - but we offered nothing much for our forwards to work with.

Hopefully he'll come good for us and the sooner the better.

We need players who don't walk away from a fight which we are full of ;-(
I’m all for footballers that win 50/50’s mate, if that’s what you mean by a fight, but the willingness to move into space and show for the ball far outweighs that. We did it against Brentford and hopefully the manager changes it for Leeds on the weekend and we do it against them.

I really want to be optimistic but I’ve never felt good about this signing since it was first rumoured. Don’t like him, don’t rate him, no heart and didn’t look like he wanted to be out there today which is a worrying sign considering it’s his debut and supposed to be a fresh start with a point to prove. A player that I’m just not sure has the appetite or for professional football.
In all honesty I’m much more inclined to agree than disagree.

Hope is a weird thing isn’t it.

Status
Not open for further replies.