2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offence to anyone here who works in the media, but the news press area has gone to the dogs. So much sensationalism and click bait. Wanting to live in people's pockets. I don't blame Jose and at times old mate from across the park barking at the reporters. Cause half the time they try to make something out of nothing.

Hasn't it always been that way? I'm 29 and this is the media as I've always known it.

Yes dare we gamble, what evidence is there that he will start PLAYING and showing what he can do ?
Couldn't care less tbh.

Gets his head right and everything else falls into place. None of us, no matter what line of work we do, could carry that baggage about and not be affected and break at some point. The fact he got to where he did from where he was as a child is testament to the lad's strength of character if nothing else.

If he even steps foot back onto a football pitch matters not a jot at the minute.

I feel like I have got a clear conscience as I've backed him all the way, to me whatever happens that 45 against Palace was worth any wages we have or will pay.

I would love for him to come good here but I still believe the biggest block to his mental wellbeing from a career standpoint at least is the make up of his deal. We'll still be hesitant to play him regularly to build confidence and form so it's unlikely we can ever see the best of him here, will other clubs seeing that interview want to take him on now? Possibly. I think it's gone from a 10% chance to something a bit more healthy.

Hopefully he shows blistering form in the later preseason games to force his way into the thinking, but if not I still hope he can rebuild his career somewhere and have another 6 or so years showing his earlier form else he won't have lived up to his full potential. If that doesn't happen then I hope he finds the inner peace to live a normal life. He has done remarkably well to come from that upbringing to achieve what he has already so he should be applauded and feel proud even if it doesn't work from a footballing point of view going forward.
The problem is we almost certainly can't afford to do the bit in bold (above), which is a crying shame for the lad. I hope some common sense prevails and Everton and Spurs can renegotiate some kind of accomodation but this is football and cash is king, even if it contributes to ruining a young man's life.

There was clearly a reason for his fall from grace in football. Not being injured, all things pointed to mental health, it was quite obvious. Dropped from Spurs, out of the England frame and Levy looking to sell.

Up steps Bill Kenwright. Signs Dele on huge wages and payments over appearances. Does anyone at the club do due diligence?

Roll on a year or so and after a failed loan, Dele's mental health problems come to a head, and Everton are left to deal with it.

No we are left with even more of a predicament.

Personally, I don't think anybody will go near him now, doubt they would have before his interview anyway.

Let's hope we provide the support Dele needs, first and foremost and he can deal with his demons. That is the most important thing, a person's life is at stake here, without being melodramatic.

We have 18 games and the odd league Cup game from now to January. We have 6 games to play with from now until then. Each and every league position is worth a fortune, so if he could play in 6 games and have a major impact, then £10m may pay for itself.

The world has been consumed by hate, greed, jealousy and anger.

The media have driven it all the way to ramp up revenue from advertising.

World is forked.
the media are encouraging a race to the bottom, rooted in petty jealousy without knowing or telling the full story behind.

Ironically, the only ones who aren't in jeopardy to the scrutiny of the gutter press are the gutter press.

It's proper weird how people are talking about him on here. He's been in rehab, he's coming back from injury, he's training with the team and itching to get back playing but the mental health experts on here seem to have convinced themselves he's a million miles away from getting back on the pitch and that we shouldn't even think of him as a footballer right now.

“I think this is probably the first time in a long time that I can say yes [I am OK] and mean it. Mentally I am probably in the best place I have ever been and I feel good. I am injured at the minute but I have got that passion back for football. I’m doing really well.”

It's proper weird how people are talking about him on here. He's been in rehab, he's coming back from injury, he's training with the team and itching to get back playing but the mental health experts on here seem to have convinced themselves he's a million miles away from getting back on the pitch and that we shouldn't even think of him as a footballer right now.

“I think this is probably the first time in a long time that I can say yes [I am OK] and mean it. Mentally I am probably in the best place I have ever been and I feel good. I am injured at the minute but I have got that passion back for football. I’m doing really well.”
OK so we rush him straight back first game and he pulls a hamstring and is out for 6 weeks.

What then?

Remember Dyche refusing to play DCL when we desperately needed a striker in games like Fulham H because he wasn’t 100% and he didn’t want to rush him back and do more damage.

He’s a bit unfairly labelled for me Dyche because of his gruff voice and appearance but if he starts Dele, I have 100% faith Dele will be 100% mentally and physically ready for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back