2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
How bad Turkish football must be for fans coming out en masse to celebrate the loan signing of a washed up PL footballer who is more interested in cars and ego tickling than actually playing football. Fit right in next to Cenk.
Think it’s just a thing Turkish fans do when signings arrive. I remember them treating Darius Vassell like the second coming of Christ a few years ago.

Really weird one to read.

Lampard was well guarded on questions, but a journalist asked Lampard before Nottingham Forest if he would take it personally that Dele Alli would leave having not made it work here. Lampard mentioned how he didn't know Dele personally before he arrived and I feel that's some insight that Lampard didn't mean to let slip into the players attitude/temperament.

Bit of a joke that we'll get no loan fee, pay a few bob towards his wages and Besiktas only have the option to buy.

I'd have went along with that if the club felt he's part of plans next season and we just have bigger priorities we need to address now and we can't afford to play him but my feeling is Spurs are no mugs in the first place, and Everton have realised the same and wrote him off and were desperate to get shut.

I said this in May;

I felt Lampard must have told Harry Redknapp he's a wrong'un, for Redknapp to say he's not working hard.
Frank did allude to hard work in training pays off when taking about Alli in the Forest pre match, towards the end with the BBC reporter. My money is they are not seeing enough from him off pitch and he is off.

The deal for Alli in the first place is now proving terrible business. So effectively we are paying Alli for at least another season around £50k a week plus to be on loan at Besiktas. And then we still need to find a way to get rid of him at the end of the season. Wow
Yep he is that bad we are basically paying him to play somewhere else. It was a shocking piece of business last February.

Complete waste of time negotiating any optional fee - they'll never, ever pay £6m or £8m for him.

It would top their record transfer signing, and they'd never pay 100% of his wages.
Think it will be more of a case that we're publicly putting a price on him rather than expecting Besiktas to pay it necessarily. For example if he somehow turns his career around and tears up the Turkish league, other clubs in Europe like in Germany for example might see a 27 year old available for £8m or so. Feel like this move is more about us putting him the shop window and making sure we don't pay for him when he's not wanted at the club. If we make a loss on his wages for 18 months but are able to sell him for anything in June then it'd be a profit for us, obviously it would've been great for him to be a useful player for us but it's not the worst scenario.

We were never getting anything for him trying to sell him 6 months after getting him for free, given he didn't perform at all since January. Aubamayang going to Chelsea in a similar sort of arrangement but he scored 11 goals in 18 since joining Barca.

The deal for Alli in the first place is now proving terrible business. So effectively we are paying Alli for at least another season around £50k a week plus to be on loan at Besiktas. And then we still need to find a way to get rid of him at the end of the season. Wow

It's incredible really....we took a player, Spurs didn't want, off their wage bill, and now a few months later we also don't want him but we're still paying half his wages...

FFP restrictions are really just saving our idiotic Board from themselves

It's incredible really....we took a player, Spurs didn't want, off their wage bill, and now a few months later we also don't want him but we're still paying half his wages...

FFP restrictions are really just saving our idiotic Board from themselves
Almost no one would have predicted Iwobi kicking on the way he did, and ensuring that Alli will be shunted out, back when the deal was concluded.

Sometimes, low-cost punts with high upside and a relatively low probability of working out are good risks to run. This is just being sensible about managing the downside risk.

Pretty standard deal to a Turkish team all things considered they take a player and pay sod all for the “privilege”.

I think us getting rid like this suggests a few things, namely:

He is properly done. No chance his career rebounds now.

This one is more speculative but he can’t be good for the dressing room.

We’re stuck with him. If at this point interest and the general feeling around him is so low that we’re taking an offer from Besiktas, then when we inevitably get him back next season he’s here to stay and here to sit.

Status
Not open for further replies.