2023/24 Dele

Doucoure's goal kept us in the Premier League. Dele's done nothing in football since the start of the pandemic. I really hope he makes it back, but he's got it all to prove.

BIgger picture. Over a full season we're down there because we signed players like doucoure who struggle to put two passes together.
Not a shout for dele btw.

There’s been no rumours of looking for attacking centre midfield players that I can think of. Maybe that does mean he’s seen as a realistic option at some point.

I’d give anything to see Garner, Onana & a fit switched on Dele playing together.
Maybe if they donned Kane and Eriksen masks it would help.

Really hoping he's ditched the sleeping pills and can get back some form. If he does I think there's a place for him in the team, he can slot when on form. Never know he may rise like a phoenix from the flames. Still young enough to turn it around.

….the shame is signing him in the first place. The warning signs were there, yet another example of wasted millions paid to personnel who don’t contribute.
Clearly, if it was publicly known, as it was at the time (even i knew about some if the issues) - it obviously shows Everton don't do their due diligence on players prior to signing them - and smacks of desperation on our part... !

Can only blame ourselves on that one... ridiculous signing... (the argument if he comes good etc - when in 6 months , a year - it'll be too late).

Sorry but he's an irrelevance.

If he ever gets fit enough to play ( mentally and physically) we can only play him in 9 games because there's no way we are paying £10 m for him
Might as well give him a go in those 9 games when he's fit, we're paying his wages anyway. If he does well then we can make a decision. Or sell him in Jan.

How far is he away from fitness
I think the last update a few weeks ago was nowhere near. Apparently his hip op is taking longer to recover from.
Maybe that Is a cover story to protect him from saying he isn't mentally right to play.
I would be shocked if we see him this side of Xmas.

Hopefully ends up back in the fold following the international break. We didn't get any proper details on his 'setback' did we?