2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will drift off to MLS and we will wonder why we ever thought he could do a job for us sadly.
would be happy seeing Donovan from him... But primarily the way some versions of 4-4-1-1 is built for Dele either in McNeil role or Garner role. Garner Role will be more interesting. But let's see who is running the show then.

It's gonna be a massive financial gamble for us to play him based on the way the deal is structured - so hopefully we can negotiate something with Spurs as I'm sure they'd get more money if we came to a deal. I'm also sure that when he's fit there's no-one else with his ability who could come on and make an impact in the last 15-20 mins the way he would be able to. If we get him match fit he would be an excellent option and would massively enhance our squad options.

Maybe, I don’t know, stop reading the Dele thread?
It’s mad! Lad back on the last page complaining about how many posts his thread has whilst posting three times in three and a half hours with no hint of irony.

I understand why some people don’t like him or the situation but personally I really hope he gets well and gets back on the pitch again which is why I come to this thread… I don’t however go in the Newcastle thread because I don’t care for them and their current improvements.

It's gonna be a massive financial gamble for us to play him based on the way the deal is structured - so hopefully we can negotiate something with Spurs as I'm sure they'd get more money if we came to a deal. I'm also sure that when he's fit there's no-one else with his ability who could come on and make an impact in the last 15-20 mins the way he would be able to. If we get him match fit he would be an excellent option and would massively enhance our squad options.
even if we got 6 games between now and the end of Jan, if he scored a couple or helped us win a game or two at least, and then he moved on based on those performances to a club that can afford him, that'd still be a win win for everyone. If he can get fit in that time

Injuries cannot be hurried. When Seamus got injured at the end of last season we were told he was lucky that it wasn't an ACL injury but really he has nearly been out now as long as he would have been for an ACL.

I am not sure I even know what injury Dele had or still has.

I think the difference between the two is that we have seen Seamus move heaven and earth previously to get back from really serious injuries whereas Dele has certainly not been a model professional in recent years.

Injuries cannot be hurried. When Seamus got injured at the end of last season we were told he was lucky that it wasn't an ACL injury but really he has nearly been out now as long as he would have been for an ACL.

I am not sure I even know what injury Dele had or still has.

I think the difference between the two is that we have seen Seamus move heaven and earth previously to get back from really serious injuries whereas Dele has certainly not been a model professional in recent years.
If he's not ready by the end of January, he probably won't be leaving til the summer so he could then still make the difference in the 6 games he can play, like the Palace game.

For me triggering the 10M payment would need him to put in 6 good performances early enough in the season to justify paying for the next 20.

That seems increasingly unlikely now.

If he did come good later in the season, could we let him leave on a free when his contracts up and then resign him without paying Spurs?

For me triggering the 10M payment would need him to put in 6 good performances early enough in the season to justify paying for the next 20.

That seems increasingly unlikely now.

If he did come good later in the season, could we let him leave on a free when his contracts up and then resign him without paying Spurs?
You think we've got 10m to spend on seven 5min run outs at the end of the games, and then carry on paying those kind of wages by offering him a new contract.

I hope he gets back to the game, but with a new club and no pay out to spurs from us.

You think we've got 10m to spend on seven 5min run outs at the end of the games, and then carry on paying those kind of wages by offering him a new contract.

I hope he gets back to the game, but with a new club and no pay out to spurs from us.
To be fair he said 6 good performances, he never mentioned 5 minute run outs.

For me, we can play him 6 times, without it costing us anything, if we dont do that, well we are just silly.

Till he gets fit and if he plays, well then we will know more.

To be fair he said 6 good performances, he never mentioned 5 minute run outs.

For me, we can play him 6 times, without it costing us anything, if we dont do that, well we are just silly.

Till he gets fit and if he plays, well then we will know more.
Yeah I get that, but can you honestly see Dyche or really any other manager give 6 games after this long out.
He would be very gradually brought back in, a few minutes here and there before any real time and by then the games are up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back