2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see him play for us again.
Why though? Because he was good half a decade ago? Let's sign Danny Drinkwater then seeing as he'd now be free.

Alli's recent revelations, as sad and depressing as they are,and as brave as he was in revealing them, doesn't mean now that it's off his chest he's instantly interested in football again and will regain his form.

He's finished.

I don’t believe there has been any real negotiation here. What would we actually be negotiating? That he should be allowed to make more than 20 appearances before we have to pay a transfer fee when he’s not even anywhere near the first team?

That doesn’t make much sense to me, and it would be an extremely short negotiation because Tottenham would never even consider it. Why would/should they?

I think Everton are using the media in an attempt to portray Ali as something other than an expensive crock as we approach the transfer window. Everton want rid of Dele Ali, they don’t want to keep him, and who can blame them?

I don’t believe there has been any real negotiation here. What would we actually be negotiating? That he should be allowed to make more than 20 appearances before we have to pay a transfer fee when he’s not even anywhere near the first team?

That doesn’t make much sense to me, and it would be an extremely short negotiation because Tottenham would never even consider it. Why would/should they?

I think Everton are using the media in an attempt to portray Ali as something other than an expensive crock as we approach the transfer window. Everton want rid of Dele Ali, they don’t want to keep him, and who can blame them?

Well said especially this.

Shame would like to see him in that No 10 role at Goodison, made for him that role. Have to trust Dyche on this as has been correct with Dom and took a risk last season in not playing him. As i side note shows how weak the previous two managers were in dealing with injury. Do hope to see Dele play for us again the romance of football and all that. But ill move on ultimately!

I would play the negotiation on a more granular pay as you play basis. He plays 10 more you get £10M (£1M a game). We or injury can stop that from happening. You get £0. Why not agree that we pay £150k a game. Our exposure is capped, they potentially get some cash they wouldn’t otherwise

I guess if he is truly focussed on recovery, then fitness, it can only help the lad if there is actually a possibility of playing some football this season. At the moment he will be training to be ready for next August, which can’t be easy.

Would be relying on Spurs giving up potentially millions (if he did play for us) purely to help Dele out as a former player. Don’t think we benefit at all since I can’t see Dyche playing him just because it’s a nice story. Even our EFL cup games are now very serious. I guess there are early rounds of the FA cup?

Presume the story has been leaked just to make Spurs the villain for not being charitable (not the right word, diminishes the situation but you get the point) and deflect from the fact we are skint.

I would play the negotiation on a more granular pay as you play basis. He plays 10 more you get £10M (£1M a game). We or injury can stop that from happening. You get £0. Why not agree that we pay £150k a game. Our exposure is capped, they potentially get some cash they wouldn’t otherwise

Ali is on his way to Wrexham or something. He is not an attractive proposition, he’s a massive liability. There is no queue of suitors fighting for his signature. I’ll be surprised if Everton were stupid enough to extend his contract.

Isn't it £10mill if he plays another 7 games? Probably have to pay more on that if he plays games after.

His contract is up at the end of the season too.

So I think the negotiation will probably be something along the lines of call it £10mill on the drip or get nothing for him at the end of the season as we won't play him.

Isn't it £10mill if he plays another 7 games? Probably have to pay more on that if he plays games after.

His contract is up at the end of the season too.

So I think the negotiation will probably be something along the lines of call it £10mill on the drip or get nothing for him at the end of the season as we won't play him.

Why would we be entertaining the idea of paying £10 million for Deli Alli, when no other club in the world is showing any interest in him?

Ali is on his way to Wrexham or something. He is not an attractive proposition, he’s a massive liability. There is no queue of suitors fighting for his signature. I’ll be surprised if Everton were stupid enough to extend his contract.
If there’s a desire at Everton to give him a go then they’ll renegotiate. If that happens and he is somehow a success (fingers crossed but breath not held) then he’ll be offered a contract. I think he would accept an ordinary contract from us given the circumstances.

Everton want rid of Dele Ali, they don’t want to keep him, and who can blame them?
Don’t blame them for wanting rid but I blame them (recruitment team or Moshiri) for taking him the first place when it was apparent to anyone with ½ a brain he was finished as a top level performer.
Still think it was a sweetener for Lampard in the same way Rondon was for pigman / James for Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.