2023/24 Dele

100% this. They already did us a solid by letting us have him for free for 20 games. The only reason we're even negotiating an amendment to the deal is because of how bad our finances are.

People are acting as if Spurs should put the financial aspect to one side for the player's benefit, but Everton shouldn't? That is not how it works. It's no longer Spurs' responsibility to do that, only Everton's.

If we can get the numbers on the deal down, then fair play, but Spurs really don't even have to entertain that.
Spurs let us have him for free for twenty games? We are paying him over £5M a year in wages, we did Spurs a favour by saving them over #15M in wages by taking him off their books, they were glad to get rid of him,

100% this. They already did us a solid by letting us have him for free for 20 games. The only reason we're even negotiating an amendment to the deal is because of how bad our finances are.

People are acting as if Spurs should put the financial aspect to one side for the player's benefit, but Everton shouldn't? That is not how it works. It's no longer Spurs' responsibility to do that, only Everton's.

If we can get the numbers on the deal down, then fair play, but Spurs really don't even have to entertain that.

….Spurs have already done us a right kipper on this. The only reason they’re trying to re-negotiate is to eek more monies out of us. They must be laughing their heads off that they managed to move him on despite what everybody in the game knew.

it’ll be a good sign if we’ve told them to do one.

….Spurs have already done us a right kipper on this. The only reason they’re trying to re-negotiate is to eek more monies out of us. They must be laughing their heads off that they managed to move him on despite what everybody in the game knew.

Exactly this.
It’s almost inevitable given the option of just losing £15m on wages to him, our renegotiation will no doubt end up costing those wages and a reduced fee to Spurs and he still won’t play more than 7 games for us.

Everything aside I think he'd be worth a renewal to be honest. Like I said he's another option in that Doucoure role, which is simply not someone we have in the squad. Don't get me wrong I think he'll probably reduce his wage and maybe only sign another 12 months but I think if he's able to come back and be part of the squad the club will look at it and say we don't have the £20m+ to bring in another player in that position next year. Just my thinking on that part.
Would be about as worthwhile as giving this a contract
IMG_6128.jpeg

Mate, not sure you're really understanding this. In June he leaves the club for free and Spurs get nothing. They are simply trying to entice us into keeping him and getting money off us. That's it.

’ They managed to move him on despite what everybody in the game knew’ except the man who negotiated and signed off the deal——————Kenwright.

He would definitely play a role for us given our central midfield options but can you justify his wages against his form/issues.

I would love him to come through this horrible period for him and get back to his ability but it isn't a cheap option, you would be looking at signing on fee and up to £100k a week.

We can't afford £10m for so little games for him to walk away on a free

Yeah didn't something like this come up when we bought Barry from City, even though his contract expired I still think we paid them something small when we signed him permanently. I'd imagine in this case it will either be voided once he leaves or else Spurs will relent and only take one payment.

Ahh another Everton first….

First team to pay a transfer fee to a club for a free agent

The good thing for us is that Dele will want to show new clubs he can still play (and avoid becoming a lingard).

So it's in his interest to get fit and play well for us for 7 games.

That's the compromise as both parties win - and Spurs lose out.

No one knows what he's like now but he did show me at least that he can still pass under pressure and showed little glimpses (Palace at home and RS away) that he's a proper footballer.

But the chances of him getting a new contract at our place are on par with a VAR decision going against Liverp*ol.