2023/24 Dele

As much as I’d love to believe that he can turn the clock back five years and leave all his problems behind just because he did one interview I can’t imagine that it’s quite that easy and think anyone expecting it is living in a dream world.
I reckon he probably did a lot more than one interview mate, like the six weeks of therapy before the interview which is almost certainly ongoing with highly trained professionals daily

It won’t be easy, but why write him off entirely? He had the elite mentality to make it as a professional footballer even with his demons so why can’t he get his head right and go again after kicking his sleeping pill addiction?

Not upset mate I just think you’re wrong and following the media narrative that helped break him.

Why is money the be all and end all, now he has it he has no pride in his career? What is a ‘bling’ footballer? I remember Dele being a total snide who loved getting rough, he’d have never succeeded in the lower leagues without that drive.

I can see more why people wrote off DCL then Dele and I hope he can overcome his demons and show his talent again

I hope he refinds his drive. I think he'd play great off Beto but I don't think he'll refind that drive and even if he did I don't believe our club would play him as we can't afford to pay the clause and it would cause more problems than it would solve to play him for a few games (if he did well) then have to drop him as we couldn't afford the fee. Imagine the fume .... for those reasons I can't see it happening. At least not unless Spurs agree to change the terms of the contract.

I reckon he probably did a lot more than one interview mate, like the six weeks of therapy before the interview which is almost certainly ongoing with highly trained professionals daily

It won’t be easy, but why write him off entirely? He had the elite mentality to make it as a professional footballer even with his demons so why can’t he get his head right and go again after kicking his sleeping pill addiction?
I’m not writing him off I’m just saying I think the chances of him just returning to his old level almost overnight are not high. We don’t know how many times he’s been through this sort of process before if you know anything about addiction and anything about top competitive athletes you’ll know that just stopping taking something and having some counselling doesn’t make the problem go away forever and the damage already done to your body by not looking after it properly for years doesn’t just go away when you stop either. I hope he can come back for his sake and ours but it’s just common sense to say it’s not actually the likely thing to happen.

Well it's all up to deli now isn't it?
Also, whether Dyche will give him a chance, or whether he'll do a Benitez with James, and simply say your not in my plans.

Given how little we're spending on players in recent windows the decision not to activate the first payment may have already been made, regardless of how well he does.