2021/22 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna keep haunting this thread, still can not believe people were genuinely angry about signing this kid for a nominal fee, still can't believe Leicester fans actually signed up to this forum to taunt us about signing this lad - bags of potential
That’s the weird one, people doubting him so much they signed up to another teams forum to put him down when we weren’t exactly buzzing with a 1.5m ‘squad filler’ as we all thought.
The Leicester fan I know said he’s got all the talent but can go long periods with no end product and the normal Leicester visitors we’ve had her for years said the same tbf
Who knows if he can keep this form up, I’ll sure there’ll be dips along the way as with all players outside the absolute elites but if he bounces back from poor games he’ll be a great player to have on board for sure!

Clearly very early days but he's money in the bank isn't he?
The low fee is hugely beneficial to him. It’s the reverse effect of the iwobi (and our old number 10) thing.

Low fee means no pressure, low expectations and pleasant surprise.

(for the record I think he’s ace)

Demarai Gray
You score a goal for us yesterday
You stuck it in to the net
The street end were getting rather wet

One really great thing that would come from him continuing to perform like this is he will become example number one of how it doesn't mean jack that the supporters of a club watch the player every week when it comes to evaluating players. Every single Leicester poster who felt the need to offer an opinion had a negative slant. And they all might be wrong.

Fans are too biased to be reasonable in their assessments of players. It's true for all of us.

Christ people don't half go overboard don't they. 3 games that's all, 3 he's had a good start but there is a reason Leicester let him go cheap, he's always had talent it has been a consistency problem. so why not see how he gets on before labelling him the new Ronaldo.

Honestly, people having a go at others who had doubts about him after knowing him for 5 years v 3 games, come on now get a grip. He has to continue in this form.

Christ people don't half go overboard don't they. 3 games that's all, 3 he's had a good start but there is a reason Leicester let him go cheap, he's always had talent it has been a consistency problem. so why not see how he gets on before labelling him the new Ronaldo.

Honestly, people having a go at others who had doubts about him after knowing him for 5 years v 3 games, come on now get a grip. He has to continue in this form.
We have so little joy though. So why not just enjoy this to its absolute limit. I am deffo on board and absolutely love it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back