2021/22 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he carries on with this form and he's really positive in his approach. My little worry is he started well at Leverkusen and faded?

Oh what! I'm not the only Leicester fan on here?

He never got a proper run in the starting 11 for us. His end product was never really there so it's nice to see him scoring regularly
I think it was a similar situation with Lookman at us strangely. Vicious cycle of end product not being great because they're not getting game time and not getting game time because their end product wasn't very good.

I hope he carries on with this form and he's really positive in his approach. My little worry is he started well at Leverkusen and faded?

Did he?

He only completed 90 minutes twice for Leverkusen (one being the last game, dead rubber). He only started 5 games too.

I think the sample size isn’t great enough to make too much of a judgement for him.

I do think he’ll need to be managed well, as he strikes me as a person who will burn out, but so far it looks like he’s relishing someone putting faith in him, and someone who’s enjoying Benitez’ system.

These players we have picked up for next to nothing (Godfrey, Gray, Townsend...) are really doing well. So refreshing to see in the day and age of 70-100 million pound players.

Did he?

He only completed 90 minutes twice for Leverkusen (one being the last game, dead rubber). He only started 5 games too.

I think the sample size isn’t great enough to make too much of a judgement for him.

I do think he’ll need to be managed well, as he strikes me as a person who will burn out, but so far it looks like he’s relishing someone putting faith in him, and someone who’s enjoying Benitez’ system.
I wasn't that sure so figured I'd asked the question. He certainly looks like he's enjoying it here and the fans have taken to him well.

Doucoures ball was superb but as soon as I seen it was Gray I had no doubts. First touch is perfect, second touch to keep it out of his feet and slightly raising the shot and keeping it close to the keeper. Dom wouldn't score that, Richy probs would but Gray has been outstanding this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.