Devine intervention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rochdaleblue

Player Valuation: £50m
With all the doom and gloom of our relegation fight, I thought I’d try to lighten the mood with this story.
When my dad was alive he used to moan all the time about other teams scoring late goals not us. It’s 17 years yesterday, my dad (a massive blue) was taken from us with a cruel disease. On that day, Everton were playing Arsenal and as I returned to my mum’s house from the hospital, following his death, I switched on the tv and Everton were drawing with Arsenal. I said to my mum, if dad’s looking down we’ll get a late winner. Andy Johnson scored a late winner and we went went mad.
Fast forward to last year, we desperately needed a win against Newcastle to stave off relegation on the eve of his anniversary. Iwobi famously got that 100th minute winner.
And of course last night, it got around the 85th minute and I thought of my dad and minutes later Simms slotted a great equaliser.
Sadly my dad’s other gripe was our awful record against the RS and sadly that hasn’t changed. Maybe we need to play them on his anniversary of his passing for that to happen!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.