Di Canio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether he wouldv'e scored or not is not the point though, by catching the ball to stop play for Gerrard he instantly thought about Gerrards welfare before his own glory, unlike a certain hunchbacked, no neck Bellamy who ran through to score for the geordie mongs when Xavier collided head first with Gerrard in a game the following season ( i think )

Hello all, West Ham fan here, I hope you don't mind me popping over....

I went to the game a few years back where Di Canio caught the ball when your keeper was down, not sure what you lot think about PDC or whether its all press bollocks but do Evertonians still have a high regard for Paolo ?

It was a sporting thing to do, which requires admiration from Evertonians. Still, I thought his Nazi crap with the salute was bang out of order. Maybe he's misunderstood, or maybe not.

Whether he wouldv'e scored or not is not the point though, by catching the ball to stop play for Gerrard he instantly thought about Gerrards welfare before his own glory, unlike a certain hunchbacked, no neck Bellamy who ran through to score for the geordie mongs when Xavier collided head first with Gerrard in a game the following season ( i think )

yeah, that horrible hunchback was laughing looking over his shoulder as he scored.

it's a while back... but gerrard was for sure in goal. i'm pretty sure it was xiaver. it was the sort of stupid thing he would do. whoever the defender was they both knocked 10 bags out of each other in the collision.

I'll always remember him for that mad volley with the outside of his boot. I thought his 'salute' was more to do with Italian fascism, which is not an unusual belief in Italy, especially for Lazio

Political leanings aside, I've always admired him for that incident. Unfortunately, there's only one or two youtube clips of it.

"That" goal he scored from edge of the box with a volley effort thing he did is Prob the best goal ever in the prem.

1 PDC "that Goal"
2 Dennis bergkamp Vs Newcastle
3 Alan Shearer Vs us @St james.
4 Matt le tiss volley Vs Blackburn @ the dell
5 Dennis Berkamp Vs Leicester @ Filbet st (Fa cup game i think?) But still in the list.(y)

He is one of the few players that are held in the highest esteem who have never played for everton. Maybe we should have a 'Paulo Di Canio' day. We should definitely have a Hans Segers day. Anyone think of any more ?

He is one of the few players that are held in the highest esteem who have never played for everton. Maybe we should have a 'Paulo Di Canio' day. We should definitely have a Hans Segers day. Anyone think of any more ?

Momo Sissoko
Scott Parker
Emre

Nah..just kidding. I really couldn't think of anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back