Do these bizarre Everton signings highlight a David Moyes weakness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kroldrup is a weird transfer I agree with that, What I think it was with Kroldrup is we had to pay x amount if he had Y amount of games... I think his transfer was secured against the champions league money which we didn't recieve so moyes thought it would be best to not play him and ship him out at the first chance to recoup the fee. Evertonians would then assume he's crocked, not worth it and we'd be better off on the balance sheets.

I really believe if Kroldrup was given the chance he would've made a name for himself here he's one of the top defenders in Serie A.

I think you are near the truth there Zero, I've never found the 'he can't head the ball' quip plausible, he was a bloody international pro footballer, even VDM can head the ball with a hangover (well just:D)

he stunk the house out when he played in his only game.. the 4-1 defeat to (a [Poor language removed] at the time) aston villa.

I was there and to be honest I didn't think he was that bad.

hmm.. fair enough. i read the report from mark o'brian from 'when skies are grey' and he was not impressed. he is about the only everton writer who i think has his finger on the pulse.

well we will never know the real reason. i heard he just hated moyes! however, he is playing for a top italian side so can't be that bad.

hopefully we will see him close up in the uefa cup to make our judgements!

This thread on a Koppite message board would be really, long, how many players have come and gone there i the last 5 years........:D

Seriously though, I think managers sometimes have to take a punt, not every player is going to work out unless you can buy the proven best like Chelski.

I think you are near the truth there Zero, I've never found the 'he can't head the ball' quip plausible, he was a bloody international pro footballer, even VDM can head the ball with a hangover (well just:D)

Bingo.

You don't start for Fiorentina in Serie A when you're a crap player.

I think if he'd been given the requisite "settling in period" that so many other foreign players get when they come to England, that he'd have turned out ok for us.

Unfortunately, he didn't get anything of the like and was sent off after one match.

A bit of a panic move by Moyes in my opinion but there you have it.

Boy, spot on about Ferrari.

I really wish we had kept him but then, we might not have bought Lescott.

I think it all worked out in the end.

Did you guys ever see the video filmed of him warming up, and it was just somebody tossing the ball to him....it was all over the place, all up in the air, no pwer all erratic. It was shocking, you could hear somebody shout "Please! Somebody think of the children!!"

Yeah I seen it, it was before the Aston Villa match I think, like I said he was likely to be rusty add in the fact he'd never played infront of a premiership crowd before then I think his heading was bound to be erratic. Balls aren't thrown onto your head they're booted with some force its this force that generates the power.

heading a ball thats been thrown to you is hard to generate any sort of distance on it.

Looking at the goals he's scored shown by Danny's clips he seems capable of directing headers no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back