Do we have any feeder clubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloydystark

Player Valuation: £35m
Just read about how a Irish team called Dublin City (now folded) used to be called Home farm Everton for approximately 3 seasons as they had links and sponsorship deals with us. The major thing with us was we got first pick of the players (Richard Dunne). Later on it says Leeds had a similar deal with them and poached Ian Harte, Gary Kelly, alan Maybury and Stephen McPhail. Have we got anything similar going on with clubs these days?

check out the pictures they even had our kit

Attachments

• 453ECA9E-9D90-47FA-ACBD-0316ED91E266.jpeg
    453ECA9E-9D90-47FA-ACBD-0316ED91E266.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 5A9B2595-1E78-4061-8700-E8E77BDA7578.jpeg
    5A9B2595-1E78-4061-8700-E8E77BDA7578.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 113

I'd say no to a Feeder club, but i think our ties with Grear Steinsson, mean we'll have a good partnership with Fleetwood Town.

Even in recent time before he joined us the likes of James Wallace passed through McAleny is on their books , now we've got Connolly and Gibson on loan there.

Barton and Clint Hill are local lads, so maybe i'd reading too much into it, but still.

I think the academy system has changed this now, the club has now a more centralised control. In theory it is supposed to mimic the European teams that have a style of play and play the same way from the youth team to the first team to make the transition into the first team easy and to give a continuity. I think this only works with a few European teams, in the UK I have only seen this really with Swansea, as they moved through the divisions and it worked initially in the Prem, then the wheels fell off for them.

Just read about how a Irish team called Dublin City (now folded) used to be called Home farm Everton for approximately 3 seasons as they had links and sponsorship deals with us. The major thing with us was we got first pick of the players (Richard Dunne). Later on it says Leeds had a similar deal with them and poached Ian Harte, Gary Kelly, alan Maybury and Stephen McPhail. Have we got anything similar going on with clubs these days?

check out the pictures they even had our kit

We signed Martin Murray AKA 'the new George Best' from Home Farm FC
Unfortunately the new George Best had a dicky ticker lol

This was the 70s

Feeder I wouldn’t consider them that big to have clubs dedicated to them specially in Liverpool.

we seemed to buy a lot of man utd players under moyes

saha
gibson
howard
phil neville

im guessing we must have formed some kind of relationship after selling rooney to them and obviously him doing very well there made it easier to negotiate with them.

Reactions: JLW
I'd say no to a Feeder club, but i think our ties with Grear Steinsson, mean we'll have a good partnership with Fleetwood Town.

Even in recent time before he joined us the likes of James Wallace passed through McAleny is on their books , now we've got Connolly and Gibson on loan there.

Barton and Clint Hill are local lads, so maybe i'd reading too much into it, but still.

Wallace also works as a scout for Fleetwood now, few other local lads on Barton’s staff as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.