Do you need balls to be a football manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A WOMAN AS A MANAGER!!!!???!?!?!?! 'KOFF!

espnw_u_sundhage_d1_300.jpg

How many gold medals do you have, lad?

I read the article about her and fortunately there were a few pics. She was very attractive.

That said, I don't care what your sex, race, nationality, etc.... is. If you can manage, you can manage.

Id be all for female players if they were good enough
I'd be fine with female managers (although I don't think it would happen) but nah, not for me that.

I've got a girl mate who plays for Liverpool Women's youth team and is absolutely boss. She'd get in half the sides in our league and is better than most of my mates. I'd love her in my team but would never be able to put in a decent challenge on her if I was the opposition because she's a girl, so I don't think women should be allowed in men's football. The truth is they're not as strong so are more susceptible to impact injuries and this means men wouldn't use the same level of aggression with them.

I'd be fine with female managers (although I don't think it would happen) but nah, not for me that.

I've got a girl mate who plays for Liverpool Women's youth team and is absolutely boss. She'd get in half the sides in our league and is better than most of my mates. I'd love her in my team but would never be able to put in a decent challenge on her if I was the opposition because she's a girl, so I don't think women should be allowed in men's football. The truth is they're not as strong so are more susceptible to impact injuries and this means men wouldn't use the same level of aggression with them.

yeah same, i mean that asian lass from bend it like beckham would be snapped in half if she played in the mens game. all for them being on the staff side of things. however, can you honestly see most of these pre-madonna footballers taking lip from a woman? can you imagine suarez being told to do by a female manager, i think everton has players who would be okay with it, but there's not too many else out there that would imo, a lot of footballers these days strike me as sexist. probably why they date these women that stay in the house all day long and have no ambition but to have lots of money

I'd be furious if a bird was our top scorer with 20 goals and we were top and then the next day she's out for 9 months coz she's Keith Cheggers.

This. Take for perfect example Yahoo, the internet company hired a new female CEO to save it from going down the john. She announced she was pregnant hours afterward and will be taking maternity leave.

Im all for equality, but taking the p*ss like that isnt on. Imagine our new female manager is hired mid season to save us in a relegation battle then books in 6 months maternity leave on full pay. Yeah shed have screwed her reputation, but also would have pretty much ruined the club for a payday.

We would have to be very careful

I read the article about her and fortunately there were a few pics. She was very attractive.

That said, I don't care what your sex, race, nationality, etc.... is. If you can manage, you can manage.

I agree, very nice. So I decided to do some further research on her...on her managerial ability...

I don't see any issue with it at all. As most have said, if she is the best person for the job, then she is the best person for the job. If she has trouble with man mangement, then she wouldn't be the best person for the job. If the players don't want to play for her - do exactly the same thing that a male manager would do - sell them and bring in players that do want to play for her.

And not 100% sure about the employment laws in the UK, but don't males also have an entitlement for paternity leave on full pay if they so desire? Technically there would be nothing stopping Moyes signing a huge contract then getting his wife up the duff and taking a year off on full pay.

I don't see any issue with it at all. As most have said, if she is the best person for the job, then she is the best person for the job. If she has trouble with man mangement, then she wouldn't be the best person for the job. If the players don't want to play for her - do exactly the same thing that a male manager would do - sell them and bring in players that do want to play for her.

And not 100% sure about the employment laws in the UK, but don't males also have an entitlement for paternity leave on full pay if they so desire? Technically there would be nothing stopping Moyes signing a huge contract then getting his wife up the duff and taking a year off on full pay.

To my knowledge paternity leave is usually for 2 weeks unpaid and can be extended at the discretion of worker and employer, but maternity leave is a rediculous amount of time off, full pay and you cant fire them orfill the spot unless you want youre pants sued off you.

But might be different in the uk as you said.

I can't stand their being female "linesmen", never mind a manager. Fook right off ! Andy Gray and Richard Keys agree with me...

She's a part-time model that Croatian girl aswell, so in that case, yes i would have her as our manager

Right, before I start, this thread could go in most of the forums, so move it as appropriate.
I've just been reading about Tihana Nemcic a female Croatian international footballer, who has just been appointed as coach to, NK Victorija Vojokovac a mens team from Croatia's 5th division. It got me wondering, I like to think of myself as a modern thinking, enlightened man. I believe women should be able to do any job they want to do, and be paid the same as men. However how would I feel if Everton appointed a female manager, well i've decided on undecided, so I would be very pleased if you good members of GoT could help me to choose one way or the other. I would be very grateful if somebody could post a link to the original story, as i'm no Bill Gates and unfortunately, I can't do it

A talented female manager's biggest problem is making the fans believe in her ability to earn the respect of the players. Even if she's got the skills if the fans don't believe in her they'll eventually end up turning the players against her as they'll lose respect for her.

It's like a self fulfilling prophecy. Happened at Liverpool with Hodgson. The fans didn't want to give him a chance from the start, that along with the press questioning his credentials as a manager leads to it affecting the players opinion of the manager. That's the biggest obstacle any female will face imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.