Dodgy refereeing, VAR etc - will you sign the petition ?

Will you sign ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keep VAR, get rid of corrupt refs.
Genuinely don’t think they are corrupt, purely incompetent with a bit of bias thrown in for good measure.
For those reasons I’m not sure VAR can work in its current guise.
Without complete transparency (mic’ed up refs etc) and ultimately some sort of being held to account, I can’t see how it can work.
The principle of VAR is fine, it’s the application that’s so bad and with humans in the decision loop, I fear it will never be particularly good never mind perfect!

Howard Webb will tighten things up next year -

FleCUwRXwAImgDm

VAR is a good thing open to corrupted interpretation. I think overall it’s done wonders for offsides and handballs but things that are more open to interpretation have been manipulated.

We need answers- not at the expense of VAR but to save it from becoming another tool to rig the league. It’s not quite there yet but it will be. They have tested the waters

Said it all along but the mindset regarding VAR is all wrong. Rather than being used as a tool to help referees, it should be used to highlight their errors with a view to punishments and eventually binning off those who are not capable of meeting the standards.
As a referee, if you're having decisions over turned, you're probably in the wrong job.

Status
Not open for further replies.