Dogs

Should be allowed to keep Staffies etc?

• Yes

• No

• Pedigree, chum

Results are only viewable after voting.
Suella Braverman pushing for a ban on XL Bullies.

This is a very difficult position to navigate. My natural left wing woke cultural Marxist tendencies make want to push back on anything this massive bandwagon jumping populist does for attention.

But she may have a point that these terrible devil dogs need to be sent to Rwanda or similar?
I’m now fully on Team XL Bullies. Get them breeding, let’s have a nation of kid scranners.

In the big cities you seem to get a lot of these type of dogs. All breeds can attack but only certain breeds have the ability to kill and that’s the point regarding your pit bull type dogs. Most are great, but when a bad apple switches , or if one is bred to be dangerous they can be lethal. I’ve got two French Bulldogs and I’ve bumped into 2/3 XL Bully’s whilst on the field we go to and they have been very friendly. If you’re going to have what we calling a working dog, you need to work it, not just walk around the streets thinking that’s ok.

Rotties are lovely dogs, my daughter has one and is a beautiful dog. They had a bad rep a few yrs ago but its how the owners bring them up.
I have a rottie cross collie she is amazing. But I watched the vid of that dog attack today and it was pretty scary. Not sure dogs like that should be ok to have as pets. Not sure what the point is. Plenty of less dangerous breeds out there. That thing went full savage. I’d have gone proper angry chimp on it and swung it round my head by the back legs and wanged it under a bus.

In the big cities you seem to get a lot of these type of dogs. All breeds can attack but only certain breeds have the ability to kill and that’s the point regarding your pit bull type dogs. Most are great, but when a bad apple switches , or if one is bred to be dangerous they can be lethal. I’ve got two French Bulldogs and I’ve bumped into 2/3 XL Bully’s whilst on the field we go to and they have been very friendly. If you’re going to have what we calling a working dog, you need to work it, not just walk around the streets thinking that’s ok.
There's an American Bully x Presa Canario that I see sometimes when out walking my dog, he's a proper sweetheart, he is quite gentle with my dog, who's about half his size, and will roll over and play submissive with him, and loves having his tummy rubbed. His owner has obviously done an excellent job of raising him and is a good dude.

You shudder to think of a dog like that in the wrong hands though. You wouldn't stand a chance.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back