2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

People very over critical of him , playing a very difficult role up front on his own where the midfield are miles away a lot of the time. Think he would be alright in a two upfront .
The problem there is Kean is only 19 and has so far managed that role fine.

I know, he’ll be good, I’m just saying the criticism at not scoring should be aimed at both players. It’s only fair.
Different criticisms, though.

Kean has perhaps shown a lack of composure, which is exactly what all young strikers tend to suffer from, but there is a an exciting player there.

Calvert lewin just doesn't do anything meaningful. He plays the easy game with neat little passes, 25 yards from goal. He doesn't bully defenders or run at them. But most disappointing is that he just doesn't take a chance and shoot.

There was a game I think Vs Saints where DCL and Lukaku started upfront together, looked really dangerous for about 5 minutes until DCL went off injured - always thought from then on DCL may benefit from player up top with another striker.

That said, I rate DCL for the most part and have backed him thus far - but he really needs to take his opportunity this season if he wants to make it big time at Everton. Otherwise our transfers will surpass him.

Even then though, it's a squad game and I'm certain he's a good character and option to have around.

Here's hoping he can push on with the added competition from Kean.

Status
Not open for further replies.