2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davies & DCL will both play their part this season....

Support them, encourage them to improve & get better...

Don't criticize & mock them they are part of our squad.....
I’d like to see DCL improve but it’s years now I’ve seen know notable improvement. After having Lukaku up front banging in the goals, then for a couple of years watching this lad up front not scoring is frustrating, he should have shown more improvement by now if he’s going to make it here. Personally I think he’s had his chance, I can’t see him getting much game time now Kean is here. I would loan him out in January to a championship team, that would do him some good imo.

I’d like to see DCL improve but it’s years now I’ve seen know notable improvement. After having Lukaku up front banging in the goals, then for a couple of years watching this lad up front not scoring is frustrating, he should have shown more improvement by now if he’s going to make it here. Personally I think he’s had his chance, I can’t see him getting much game time now Kean is here. I would loan him out in January to a championship team, that would do him some good imo.

DCL needs to be sharper in front of goal that's for sure, but it's still early days & when he gets that goal he will gain the confidence he needs to go on & progress to better things & bring more goals to the team....

If he scored 15 goals this season there would still be people moaning that he didn’t break 20.

And if he did break 20 goals for the season people would still moan he didn’t get enough assists.
If he scores 15 in the league, I’ll eat my shoe, fly to England, write I’m sorry Dom on a sign, and stand with it on a corner outside finch farm every day for a week.

He should have had the same development strategy as tammy Abraham, instead hes been put in as our first choice when hes not fully ready, not his fault, blame the club for this one. I still think he'll come good but that season in the championship has really helped Abraham and he now looks ready

He should have had the same development strategy as tammy Abraham, instead hes been put in as our first choice when hes not fully ready, not his fault, blame the club for this one. I still think he'll come good but that season in the championship has really helped Abraham and he now looks ready
It doesn't work like that though does it? I'm not being funny there, it's just a fact, it's completely different situation. Abraham wasn't loaned out to develop as such, he was loaned out because he was nowhere near good enough to play for Chelsea as a 19/20 year old. Calvert Lewin has been good enough to play for us, so we haven't loaned him out. I'm not talking about whether WE think he's been good enough, just that he was deemed good enough by our managers, so loaning him out was never a realistic option for a club like us.

There's also the possibility that Abraham is just a better player.

It doesn't work like that though does it? I'm not being funny there, it's just a fact, it's completely different situation. Abraham wasn't loaned out to develop as such, he was loaned out because he was nowhere near good enough to play for Chelsea as a 19/20 year old. Calvert Lewin has been good enough to play for us, so we haven't loaned him out. I'm not talking about whether WE think he's been good enough, just that he was deemed good enough by our managers, so loaning him out was never a realistic option for a club like us.

There's also the possibility that Abraham is just a better player.
Abraham might be a better player of course. He has been highly rated through the youth system, its hard to know Chelsea's motivation for the loans because they haven't been a club for promoting youth players in the abramovic era. My point is, he struggled massively in the Premier league dropped down to the championship, scored goals, found his shooting boots and is leading the line now for Chelsea. Whether he would be without a transfer ban is obviously up for debate. He hasn't had to carry a piss poor Everton team on his shoulders for 2 seasons. I think as with any young player, you want them to learn the craft but DCL is doing his on the job so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.