2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
His winner at Palace will be in legend forever, and I think generally he improved in the final few games compared to what he showed prior.

My biggest concern is that although individually Richarlison and DCL are great players, they’re ineffective when on the pitch together.

This started halfway through last season, and the whole play between them doesn’t look fluid at all.

I’d love to be proven wrong but I think as a team we’d be better off if one of them moved on to try and get a better overall attack.

Having individual stars can be great but it hasn’t worked for us despite their “value”. Whether that’s Richy or Dom going, change might be needed for us to improve.
I have said this for a long time. They are not a compatible pairing, as we play at the moment. We need to play different styles to acomadate them. It then gets muddled.

However I have always wondered about Richarlisons best position. As much as he wants to be the star striker the no9 if you will. He isnt a 9. But he also isn't a winger. Yes be can do both roles, but he just isn't a main striker or a winger.
In my view, he would excel either in the old Zidane position left of a midfield 3 and given license, or in the Lampard/cahill role. In midfield but given the freedom to come late in the box. I reckon we could see some good numbers from him
It's an interesting conundrum.
I feel they can play together, and we should try to get them playing together. But it means Richarlison might have to accept he is not a no9.

If you are crap, speak about mental health and bingo you are the new Messiah!
It's not like he's saying it over coffee in a hipster cafe to make himself sound interesting though is it?
He's saying it as a well known athlete in a sporting culture that has traditionally idealised hard men that grin and bear everything.
I've lost 17 friends to suicide in my life, all men.
He's a top bloke for helping young men/boys to learn it is ok to talk to people
Only a knob would think cynically about that, bravo!

If you are crap, speak about mental health and bingo you are the new Messiah!

Mug.webp

Think he will stay now. He needs to start scoring next season if he wants the big move thereafter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back