2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he's not. He's bang average and needs almost all the team to be knocking in crosses from everywhere on the pitch for him to grab a few goals.

We need a much more flexible and potent striker than him.

…we should always have aspiration to get better than what we have.

No he's not. He's bang average and needs almost all the team to be knocking in crosses from everywhere on the pitch for him to grab a few goals.

We need a much more flexible and potent striker than him.

Do we though, if we have a striker that scores from service then why not improve the service. It is all about opinions but I like Calvert-Lewin, there are many ways to play the game and a valid one is to have a striker who works in the box and can come short and link up play.

Calvert-Lewin, for me, proved that he can finish these chances, he obviously has flaws and weaknesses, give me a players name and there will be limitations/negatives to their play.

I have no issues with Lampard utilising width and using any new players along with the ones that are already here to get crosses in the box.

Do we though, if we have a striker that scores from service then why not improve the service. It is all about opinions but I like Calvert-Lewin, there are many ways to play the game and a valid one is to have a striker who works in the box and can come short and link up play.

Calvert-Lewin, for me, proved that he can finish these chances, he obviously has flaws and weaknesses, give me a players name and there will be limitations/negatives to their play.

I have no issues with Lampard utilising width and using any new players along with the ones that are already here to get crosses in the box.
We have 1 of the best Strikers in Europe at our club and people are still picking holes in and saying he isnt good enough.

We have 1 of the best Strikers in Europe at our club and people are still picking holes in and saying he isnt good enough.

This is why this place makes me laugh, if we had Messi and he had 2 games where he didn't score he would suddenly be crap.

It is like on the 90's football podcast I listen to, people write in (probably on the wind up but maybe not), saying Bergkamp, McClair, Baggio, etc. are overrated because they did not have a consistent 20-25 goal a season record.

People get too wound up in stats (like this xG crap) and/or 'great' goals and they lose sight of the bigger picture, tactics, team play and ways of winning a game of football other than individual brilliance.

This is why this place makes me laugh, if we had Messi and he had 2 games where he didn't score he would suddenly be crap.

It is like on the 90's football podcast I listen to, people write in (probably on the wind up but maybe not), saying Bergkamp, McClair, Baggio, etc. are overrated because they did not have a consistent 20-25 goal a season record.

People get too wound up in stats (like this xG crap) and/or 'great' goals and they lose sight of the bigger picture, tactics, team play and ways of winning a game of football other than individual brilliance.
Dom is great for me, I dont understand why people have to pull him apart.

If you went to a factory and made my perfect number 9, it would be Dom.

"like this xG crap"

Indeed, once someone starts xGing me in a condescending manner I go deaf, then point out they missed a goal while explaining stats to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.