2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG - it was the 1970s mate - thats what it was known as by everyone, OK what was its real name ?
I just went in there for bargains, OK .... not a race issue -it would be today definitely ..... I never even in those days thought wahat a great shop run by friendly people ok ....

I know that's what everyone called it, and it was offensive then as well as now. The only difference is that a lot of people didn't understand that it was offensive then, but (hopefully) do now. But you can't say there were no racial undertones to calling a shop owned by a Jewish couple "The Jew Shop" because you didn't know its name. If it was owned by an old black couple or Pakistani couple what would you have called it?
Mate, were you around then ? In those days, Ian St John was given a banana as the blues fans christened him a monkey before the game our keeper was given a handbag as the other fans from over the park called him Mae West a famous actress of the time it happened on the pitch, both players took it in good fun - not pc nowadays - getting back to DCL he can wear what he wants imo - & you go on a rant swearing at me in a post I notice .....
Give it a rest OK - I do not have a racist bone in my body OK - it was an era where no offence would be taken not back then as the nickname was given fondly - if I had a racist tone do you think I would have shopped there ?

I notice you have not given me the name of the shop .....
Yes I was around then. And I did take offence when people used to talk about going to the Jew Shop, because I'm a Jew. If you think I went on a rant or swore at you, you're not reading my post properly. Ian St John was given a banana and took it in good part? Our fans threw one at John Barnes, and believe me he didn't take it in good part. I'm sure you're not a racist - but I think you should listen to what I'm saying, and give it some thought.

1657623359051.png

I know that's what everyone called it, and it was offensive then as well as now. The only difference is that a lot of people didn't understand that it was offensive then, but (hopefully) do now. But you can't say there were no racial undertones to calling a shop owned by a Jewish couple "The Jew Shop" because you didn't know its name. If it was owned by an old black couple or Pakistani couple what would you have called it?

Yes I was around then. And I did take offence when people used to talk about going to the Jew Shop, because I'm a Jew. If you think I went on a rant or swore at you, you're not reading my post properly. Ian St John was given a banana and took it in good part? Our fans threw one at John Barnes, and believe me he didn't take it in good part. I'm sure you're not a racist - but I think you should listen to what I'm saying, and give it some thought.
Go on the political thread mate & vent your anger there I stated it would never be PC in today's ethics - if you were around in that era, what was the shop's name ?

I am a scouser moved all over the UK in my work been called a scouse git many times etc etc - I did not let it bother me you are going off the fashion subject here - with an over reaction by you imo - in my defence it was called that affectionately in those days ... I have asked you a few times the real name of that shop - you fail to answer .... end of IMO :bye:

I was defending fashion of yesteryear v DCL fashion today - plus I hope we can keep him at our club ....

Last edited:
Go on the political thread mate & vent your anger there I stated it would never be PC in today's ethics - if you were around in that era, what was the shop's name ?

I am a scouser moved all over the UK in my work been called a scouse git many times etc etc - I did not let it bother me you are going off the fashion subject here - with an over reaction by you imo - in my defence it was called that affectionately in those days ... I have asked you a few times the real name of that shop - you fail to answer .... end of IMO :bye:
Ok mate, it was called the Jew Shop, yeah? And it was meant "affectionately" even though, according to you, and I quote, it was "known as the Jew shop as everything brand wise were cheaper".

End of, as you say.

OMG - it was the 1970s mate - thats what it was known as by everyone, OK what was its real name ?
I just went in there for bargains, OK .... not a race issue -it would be today definitely ..... I never even in those days thought wahat a great shop run by friendly people ok ....

lol lol corker that line.

Bullens is back

WITH A BANG

Status
Not open for further replies.