2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great moment it was but it wasn't anymore important than Keane's opener in the grand scheme of things.

Every goal that night mattered equally
But the winning goal guaranteed survival. If he hadn't scored it, we would have been reliant on the final game. So while obviously it was important to get the first 2 goals, his is the one that actually guaranteed our status in the PL.

He's nowhere near good enough for a team like us looking to secure our PL status.

Personally, I feel DCL is good enough for Everton, he just needs to get himself back to firing on all cylinders, which I am sure he will do soon enough. That said, I still think we need to bring in another striker during the January window, but who is available that would be an upgrade on what we already have?

But the winning goal guaranteed survival. If he hadn't scored it, we would have been reliant on the final game. So while obviously it was important to get the first 2 goals, his is the one that actually guaranteed our status in the PL.

Again though if Keane or Richy don't score the first and second goal, dcls goal doesn't win us the game.

To say he kept us up with that goal is doing a disservice to a lot of people who contributed more tbh

Again though if Keane or Richy don't score the first and second goal, dcls goal doesn't win us the game.

To say he kept us up with that goal is doing a disservice to a lot of people who contributed more tbh
It's not really though. I haven't said anyone else's contributions weren't important. I've said his was the goal that confirmed our PL status. Keanes didn't secure our PL status mathematically at that point. DCLs did.

It's not really though. I haven't said anyone else's contributions weren't important. I've said his was the goal that confirmed our PL status. Keanes didn't secure our PL status mathematically at that point. DCLs did.
Have to agree to disagree here. I'd argue that the first goal Keane scored just after half time was the most important goal in that game, ultimately if he doesn't finish that we don't come back and win the game.

I think it is all about what happened during the season,if nearly every player and both managers hadn’t made the numerous cock ups that they did make during the season then they wouldn’t have needed us, the supporters, who kept Everton in the premier league with their fabulous support through those last weeks and games of a miserable season, made miserable by the performances of the players and managers.

Indeed. But is was, and will be for ever, an iconic Everton goal. Diving header, at the GSE end, the sunset, the explosion of noise, to help save a season.

With hindsight yes, but he guaranteed it prior to having to rely on other teams on the final day.

I bet when that ball went in you celebrated it as a goal that secured our survival.
Take it from me. Sixty years following the team.
The joy I got from that ball leaving he head and nestling in the back of the net gave me as much, if not more enjoyment than when we've clinched titles.
The reaction of the crowd surpassed anything I've experienced at GP. I missed the Bayern game so can't compare it against that.

Take it from me. Sixty years following the team.
The joy I got from that ball leaving he head and nestling in the back of the net gave me as much, if not more enjoyment than when we've clinched titles.
The reaction of the crowd surpassed anything I've experienced at GP. I missed the Bayern game so can't compare it against that.
What, even more than Keanes goal to make it 2:1? Don't believe you.

With hindsight yes, but he guaranteed it prior to having to rely on other teams on the final day.

I bet when that ball went in you celebrated it as a goal that secured our survival.
Of course I did, but I know that Richarlison as the one who kept us up.

Status
Not open for further replies.