2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

….can’t see him being risked and with Beto out it’ll be interesting who Dyche selects.

Whoever plays tonight has to go to war with VVD and whoever else they play. They'll have to occupy 2 centre halves, split them, get them having to work in areas they don't want to.

I'm not sure anyone is capable of doing what's needed but as an unknown quantity, would Chermiti be the best option?

Really big night for Dyche and who he picks and how he sets the team up. He's got a decision on who to select at full back, a decision on does he pack the midfield with legs and a decision on who plays up top.

He's going to need to get all 3 main decisions right for us to get a result I think.
Makes me wonder if there’s any mileage in playing Danjuma up there, with instructions to come no further back than the half way line, and pretty much everyone else behind the ball! Quicker (assuming he’s fit?) than their two centre halves, and stops them pushing everyone bar the keeper into Everton’s final third which they like to do!
Won’t be pretty, but if we make the mistake of going at them like we weirdly tried at Chelsea it could get very messy!
Chermiti can get some time on the pitch once Danjuma has run his legs off 😉!

Makes me wonder if there’s any mileage in playing Danjuma up there, with instructions to come no further back than the half way line, and pretty much everyone else behind the ball! Quicker (assuming he’s fit?) than their two centre halves, and stops them pushing everyone bar the keeper into Everton’s final third which they like to do!
Won’t be pretty, but if we make the mistake of going at them like we weirdly tried at Chelsea it could get very messy!
He'd get outmuscled to every ball.

Is Danjuma quick? He's never looked it to me.

Danjuma played there once in the early part of the season (I think before Beto signed). He has obviously been injured and from what I read, didn’t have a great game for the U21s a few weeks ago, but I imagine it will be him.

I can't see beyond Dyche pushing Doucoure up if Dom isn't fit.

He might start Chermiti, but I'd suggest it's more Dyche to put a trusted, tall midfielder up there. Garner or Onana can then be drafted into a rejigged midfield.

Lofted balls into the channels vacated by their full backs then scrap for it, trying to force mistakes without fully committing will be the order of the day I reckon. No joy pumping it down the middle, but we do need to get them turned. The weaker of their CBs do make mistakes whilst faffing around with it. We saw a corker a couple weeks ago.

I’m not completely resigned to a bad night. We shall see.

….i remember when Tarkowski and McNeil were asked ‘who’s the quickest at Everton’ and both immediately said Branthwaite but Danjuma also got a mention.
We're a very slow team sure enough. Danjuma hasn't looked to me like he has the sort of pace that worries teams he's not slow but you're not giving yourself a yard thinking he'll leave you for dead so I'm not sure what he would offer in terms of an out ball.

I’d play Danjuma tonight - lots of space in behind Liverpool on the counter - he might have the pace/movement to exploit it.

However, Dyche won’t do that. He’s a long ball percentage manager. Chermiti will start so he can challenge for headers from Pickford launching it.

I’d play Danjuma tonight - lots of space in behind Liverpool on the counter - he might have the pace/movement to exploit it.

However, Dyche won’t do that. He’s a long ball percentage manager. Chermiti will start so he can challenge for headers from Pickford launching it.
His not playing for 3 months could be a bit of an issue too.