2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

That means nothing, as much as he seems a decent lad he wouldn't think twice about running his contract down, it's the way things are nowadays, no loyalty left in football anywhere.
That said I hope he signs a new deal, he's been through a lot this season but I believe he's come out the other side a better player.
Putting loyalty to one side, running down your contract does hold some significant risks, especially for a player with Dom’s injury history.

By signing a contract the worst situation he is likely to find himself in is a decent salary, although not spectacular, and regularly playing for Everton with chances to get into an England team if he is fit and on form. And in the shop window for teams higher up the league who will know that Everton’s precarious financial position means no reasonable bid is likely to be turned down.

By not signing he risks that any recurrence of his injuries close to the end of the season leave him potentially without football income (although he could probably get a commentary position) and much harder to get back to match fitness to get a contract with another club.

Putting loyalty to one side, running down your contract does hold some significant risks, especially for a player with Dom’s injury history.

By signing a contract the worst situation he is likely to find himself in is a decent salary, although not spectacular, and playing for Everton with chances to get into an England team if he is fit and on form. And in the shop window for teams higher up the league who will know that Everton’s precarious financial position means no reasonable bid is likely to be turned down.

By not signing he risks that any recurrence of his injuries close to the end of the season leave him potentially without football income (although he could probably get a commentary position) and much harder to get back to match fitness to get a contract with another club.
I love Dom and I would love nothing more than him to stay, but seeing out his contract is the very worst option.

We either sell him or he signs a new contract, not that we have a choice like.

If we sell him it would depend on the offers we got.

With DCL or With Beto. Thats the metric youre looking at?

Wonder what it would be if it was with DCL or with a centre forward signed from the sales of DCL, Beto and Maupay.

The metric I’m looking at is games DCL played a significant amount of minutes.

Not sure what you’re on about with the second point.

IMG_4105.jpeg

Basically agree with this. Everton will entertain any bids for any player. Clubs will be circling trying to pick up players cheap as well.

We wouldn't get from the market, what he's worth to us in terms of keeping us from that relegation trapdoor.

I don't think we could safely replace him either for whatever we sold him for.
I have to say I think that’s right , his injury record reduces his value compared to exactly what he’s worth to us . I thought he was an excellent Saturday .

If I was him I think I’d see the sense in a move and a fresh start though , it’s a tough situation for the club to navigate and one amongst many .

I have to say I think that’s right , his injury record reduces his value compared to exactly what he’s worth to us . I thought he was an excellent Saturday .

If I was him I think I’d see the sense in a move and a fresh start though , it’s a tough situation for the club to navigate and one amongst many .

That assist, and his level of performance vs Liverpool is something I dont think any others of our team can replicate.

Get some wingers who can cross a ball, or composure in/around him and he'll hit double figures.

That assist, and his level of performance vs Liverpool is something I dont think any others of our team can replicate.

Get some wingers who can cross a ball, or composure in/around him and he'll hit double figures.
I mean they just can’t & again I agree with you on the players around him consistently he’s isolated and heading the ball or laying it off to nobody improve that support and you see an incredible difference.

Also there was another move from him in the first half where we didn’t score and it was top class .