2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I really hope some of our fans don't turn on him.
We've got to stick together now.
A few hardworking performances and he can turn things round.
I think he'll have a go till end of season to stay in the shop window.
We need him to do well.
If DCL is still an Everton player at the end of this window... he'll be able to sign a pre-contract with another club from January 1st - as he'll be a free agent - and we'll get zip for him.

If DCL is still an Everton player at the end of this window... he'll be able to sign a pre-contract with another club from January 1st - as he'll be a free agent - and we'll get zip for him.
Fair enough, you're right.
But we still need him to do well while he's here.

I really hope some of our fans don't turn on him.
We've got to stick together now.
A few hardworking performances and he can turn things round.
I think he'll have a go till end of season to stay in the shop window.
We need him to do well.
Nah , just play Beto he's atrocious but at least he wants to play for us.

Supported this guy so much but really hope we never see him again in an Everton shirt. All the support the club has given him just for him to run his contract down. I imagine he picks up a mystery injury and rules himself out for months

If he is staying we need him to play and do well.

If he is staying we need him to play and do well.
If he is going next summer we need to bench DCL and start giving Beto the stating place. Then we will find out if Beto can go on to lead the front line over this season instead of sticking with DCL and then having to start from scratch in the summer when he buggers off for nothing.

I wonder if he’s reflecting on how little interest teams have in him they won’t float 25m for him. Even if he’s being told he’ll get this and that on a free these teams are so not arsed they’re happy for him to rot for a year.

Given his injury record and him being unemployed in 12 months he will massively have an eye on his personal future regardless of how professional he is.

Big concern with that for me is I can’t see him throwing himself about and up for the fight of a relegation battle come next April/ May should we be in one.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back