2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Or. We could sign a better player and the team could improve.

Bit different to DCL vs Maupay / Beto
We could , but we probably wouldn’t.
Regardless of the finances , we lack the pull or position to attract a better striker, we would be gambling with our season, and we have no room for error.
It would preferable to stick with DCL this season regardless of the contract situation.

Broja name isn't going away. Could just be his agent getting desperate given he's been told to train away from main Chelsea group but I can't believe anyone would just effectively swop DCL for Broja.

For all the stick he gets Dom will always have a month or so where he looks the top quality CF he did under Carlo and that will win points. Broja was hopeless at Fulham and has barely played in last two years.

A frontline of Broja, Beto, Chermiti and Maupay puts this club seriously back into the relegation mix so need to avoid that scenario.

We could , but we probably wouldn’t.
Regardless of the finances , we lack the pull or position to attract a better striker, we would be gambling with our season, and we have no room for error.
It would preferable to stick with DCL this season regardless of the contract situation.

Im pretty confident we have the "pull" to attract a forward several times better than DCL.

If he misses even one chance everyone will lose their sh#t

Ready like coiled springs

1723588436127.jpeg

Best case scenario now for the club is if he signs a new contract even on excessive wages. Finding and bedding in a new number 9 at this stage would be a pain. Can't see it happening though unless there are new owners in before January which I can't see happening either

Best case scenario now for the club is if he signs a new contract even on excessive wages. Finding and bedding in a new number 9 at this stage would be a pain. Can't see it happening though unless there are new owners in before January which I can't see happening either

Best case is United come in for him at £25mil+ & Atalanta sign Beto with Maupay back to Brentford.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back