2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really admire how well he actually does as a lone target man - he's not the biggest or the strongest or the most experienced, so when he does win the ball, it's usually down to superior effort more than anything else.

But I do wish we were the sort of team that was actually talented enough to pass it to him on the ground and in the box instead...

Think he may have got MOM too. But you'll never please all the people all the time.

Main thing is that so far the new manager doesnt appear to be showing any anti youth tendancies which was one of my concerns.
Far too early to make a judgement. Based on his track record you’d have to be concerned but nice comments about DCL, Kenny and Holgate. I’m still a sceptic.

I really admire how well he actually does as a lone target man - he's not the biggest or the strongest or the most experienced, so when he does win the ball, it's usually down to superior effort more than anything else.

But I do wish we were the sort of team that was actually talented enough to pass it to him on the ground and in the box instead...

2nd goal agin the Hudders.

DCL is progressing to be a very good player, he has come on leaps & bounds from last year....

Considering he is still only 20 there is so much potential for him to become an important part of Everton in the future....

I really don't understand the negativity shown to our young and new players alike. I guess it doesn't take much effort to criticise a player. DCL had good games as well as poor ones. The fact he has put Chelsea and Man City defenders under a lot of pressure this season does show he is ready for the premiership at a tender age. We can only truly judge him after he has played more than a 100 games. He will get better, stronger and more confident. Let's not be negative with him but help nurturing him into a top class centre forward.

Goal and an assist - wins more headers every game that lukaku did all season and runs more than lukaku every did ....FFS give the lad a chance and the goals will come !

He scored a deflected goal and had a good chance that the keeper didn't have much trouble saving. You are using a single game to compare him to rom... strikers need to score goals and he doesn't score enough to be a prem starter ATM

Nobody has any right to slate him at all. First and foremost his attitude is flawless. He was signed from Sheffield United and thrust into our starting eleven with no top league experience. Not only that but he was asked to lead the line by himself, often completely starved of service. Then, he gave Manchester City's defenders the toughest game they've had all season, and has also scored a few goals and set up a few, including a sheer touch of quality for Sigurdsson's goal against Huddersfield. You can sense his confidence is increasing week in week. He's coming along wonderfully and this experience will be invaluable to him in the years to come. Expect him to be sold to City for 60m in three years!

Nobody has any right to slate him at all. First and foremost his attitude is flawless. He was signed from Sheffield United and thrust into our starting eleven with no top league experience. Not only that but he was asked to lead the line by himself, often completely starved of service. Then, he gave Manchester City's defenders the toughest game they've had all season, and has also scored a few goals and set up a few, including a sheer touch of quality for Sigurdsson's goal against Huddersfield. You can sense his confidence is increasing week in week. He's coming along wonderfully and this experience will be invaluable to him in the years to come. Expect him to be sold to City for 60m in three years!
Lay off the ale mate.

Another case of mis leading stats. He' probably had the most Ariel dials by any other player to be won as well as the balls don't get played on the floor to him

Status
Not open for further replies.