2021/22 Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it’s quite obvious now that this fella will be first on Lampard’s list in the summer.
I think the more he plays the better he will get, he’s already probably had more touches than Klaasen ever did.

As an Ajax fan I'm hoping you're right! He's clearly an upgrade Klaassen, something we in Amsterdam already know for awhile. But he needs to keep playing. If you guys stay up, I prefer to see him play 38 games for you guys than to go back to the Man United bench.

As an Ajax fan I'm hoping you're right! He's clearly an upgrade Klaassen, something we in Amsterdam already know for awhile. But he needs to keep playing. If you guys stay up, I prefer to see him play 38 games for you guys than to go back to the Man United bench.

He`s already said that he`s not going back, no matter what happens.

However, that may well change if Pochettino gets the Man U job and wants him in the team.

I just hope that we are working hard to identify and agree something in principal with a similar type of player. If VDB doesn't stay here, and I think it unlikely that he will, we desperately need a player of his type next season. He has made such a difference.

I like what I saw to be honest. He certainly has a better mindset than Gomes and works on both ends of the pitch. Curious to see if that translates to long term success or not, but he seems decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.