Downing???

Status
Not open for further replies.

toffeeman

Player Valuation: £150k
Any thoughts? looked on google this morning and there are two threads saying were interested, we've lost mcfadden and some money must be there, looks like spurs might get him but would be nice to steal him under there noses!!! Would be a good addition down the left with arteta on the right, match made in heaven, plus he's middlesboro's top scorer at the moment ( not that's saying much).

On Newsnow The Lancashire Evening Post reports this as well. I have read pros and cons for him but don't really know myself. He would cost alot of money when I feel we need a defensive midfielder more. The other side of it is that Moyes gets the best out of players and he has already played for England so would undoubtably get better. In short I don't know:lol:

I know what you mean about a defensive midfielder but were still paying van der meyde's wages, if we could get rid of him maybe this could go towards the downing move, don't think we'd get much for him but the wage bill would be less!

His form seems to go up and down, but Boro would surely want a significant sum for him - he's prob their best player.

Depends on the deal I think - but would like to see another attacking option in midfield. Downing, Arshavin, whoever it might be, I trust Moyesy in the market right now.

£10M seems to be the quoted valuation.... For that sort of money you want a regular first team starter, thats for sure.

Id love Downing here hes a top player who would add an extra dimensin to the team. I think his signing would be great for Yak, and Big Vic, possibly even Vaghany!

It would be great to get one up on Spurs, I think players are begining to see that signing for them doesnt neccessarily mean the manager wants you! Its a crazy system they have, the club signing the players and the manager coaching them and only picking the team. Any player would be mad to go to a club knowing that the manager hasnt pulled out all the stops to bring them in.

£10m is far to much for Downing, he is not consistent enough. Look abroad and we could get two decent players for that kind of money.

Heard moyesy's after match interview with talk-sport on alan brazil's breakfast show this morning and he said he definitely wants to make one more signing this month, looking at the threads could be one of three Downing, Arshavin or Davies. personally one of the first two for me as davies struggles with injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back