Downing???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard moyesy's after match interview with talk-sport on alan brazil's breakfast show this morning and he said he definitely wants to make one more signing this month, looking at the threads could be one of three Downing, Arshavin or Davies. personally one of the first two for me as davies struggles with injuries.

Kevin or Simon? :blink:

Ah, I know the feeling. I'm going to have a quiet pint or two in a bit....

Followed by several loud ones! Oh yes, worst joke ever.

That's saying something about me then because I actually smiled when I read that, probably because it sounds exactly like something I'd say.

As for Downing, no. He's got a good left foot on him, but so, he's definitely not worth the figures being touted. I'd prefer Arshavin, but something tells me we might not get either, apparently, seeing as though the Russian season finished a month ago, he's not match fit, and he'd still come with a fairly hefty price tag. I think we need someone who could come straight into the team, and if we were to buy Arshavin, what does everyone think would happen with Pienaar? Would we still pursue that deal? Would he move into the middle? Would we sign Manny? All this and more, coming up, after these messages...

---GOT A RASH IN A HARD TO REACH PLACE? WHY NOT USE THIS SPECIAL FORMULATED CREAM, APPLY IT TO THE NOZZLE OF AN AVERAGE GARDEN HOSE, AND THEN SPRAY SAID AREA THOROUGHLY, WAIT 10MINUTES, AND NOT ONLY WILL YOU BE RINGING WET, BUT YOU'LL LOOK LIKE AN ABSOLUTE **** (TAKE NOTE MR ROONEY)---

So yeah, I think if we did get Arshavin, it MAY jeopardise one of the other loanees deals, if we got Andrei, Pienaar would be moved centrally, but then we'd have Pienaar, Osman, Manny and god knows who else who would play centrally, it all indicates a 4-5-1 formation to me...

4-5-1 has worked well for us tho benj, we need more strength in depth as we will be in champions league next season ;)
Arshavin could play up front aswell as in midfeild, so is another option now faddys gone. apparently fernandez cam play DM, if so imagine this:

...............Fernandez..............

Arteta...Cahill...Pienaar...Arshavin

players like osman will still play due to the number of games, injury or suspensions. we realy struggled when ossie got injured and mikel banned.

however, im not shure if manny can play DM (manelele?) so perhaps we will be focussing on that position, Carsley very nearly left us at the start of the season. i still would love Arshavin though, am i getting obsessed? another thing to add would be the cost. we have limited resourses, could we afford Pienaar, Fernandez and Arshavin...20-25m?

Id take downing in a falsh. Moyes would make him into a top player. Pienaar said himself that he prefares to play down the middle. downing would be a great addition to the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back