Dream Garage

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just love the stradale, dno why, but i know, the 430 is a great car, cheapest ferrari (when bought new) you can get today, and it does look great...(i was watching it on topgear today on uktv G2), but the 360 imo looks better and sounds better, its not all about the performance...

Hmm, interesting, I actually prefer the evolution that took place from the 360 to the F430. Having heard both cars on song (the 360 and F430) the F430 wins out. F430 against a 360 Challenge Stradale, the CS wins, but the F430 Challenge Stradale eats them all.

Best sounding Ferrari, nay, car of all time:

The Ferrari 512TR. It's Flat 12 is just automotive acoustic harmony.

There is something to be said though, for the old push-rod American V8's. They can sound fabulous. Hell, there are too many cars that sound fantastic. The McLaren SLR sounds like a Spitfire Rolls Royce V12 fer cryin' out loud! B-E-A-utiful.

I know it has become a 'chav ' car, but I still have a soft spot for the Subaru Impreza Turbo/WRX. I grew up watching racing, F1 and WRC, and seeing Colin McRae throwing around the Impreza just made me want one. Well I eventually got one, loved every second of ownership but having kids forced me into selling it. It isn't all bad, I bought a Forester Turbo to replace it, Impreza chassis, an STi engine. It still goes retarded fast, handles good and can haul me, the wife, two kids the stroller and groceries just fine.

Subaru's FTW!!! :D Actually I have only owned Subaru's, excellent choices especially for harsh winters ;)

how could i forget the 'pro drive'

I want this one . . . . .

untitled.jpg
maybe not in pink . . . . . purple :D

I always loved the Testarossa.

I would have to have a Lamborghini Countach as well. Always loved that car.

And, your 67 Mustand is actually a Shelby GT500, painted in the 'Eleanor' colors from Gone in 60 seconds. I would take a 64 1/2 Mustang, super rare and very sought after, in fact my father, in SoCal has one. Git.

Yeah I was going to correct him on the Shelby too.

I will mull this over today. Its a mammoth task for me...

For the record, the Ferrari 512TR was the last evolution of the Testarossa.

I'm sorry chaps but I thought the whole Testarossa phase for Ferrari was a bad bad time styling wise. I hated those big wingback vents on the 3/4 panelling. It just made me go eurgh.

List coming soon. Honest. Its just tough...

Come on Dylan lets have your list too please mate. And yeah the scoobys are awesome, love the boxer engine note. Turbo lag on earlier models was horrific though, then when it kicked in, you were left clinging on for life! Still not a patch on the Evo range though. Really it isn't. Scoobys sound better, but Evo for me anyday (although I am looking at a Scooby Legacy 3.0R atm to buy!).

Ok this was very tough and has already changed in my head by the time I write this!
10. Vauxhall Monaro VXR 500
VauxhallMonaroVXR500.jpg

Ok so its a rebadge Aussie Holden (which I preffered), but it goes like stink, sounds awesome and is a Corvette V8 in there that is a great engine (and sound SO mean) :D
9. Skyline R34 GTR (in Blue is a must!)
r34-gtr-2.jpg

Playstation generation in me, what can I say. Awesome petrolheads car. I know I'd own this for about a week then sell it quickly. But I still love it.
8. BMW M3 CSL (04 model)
2003_bmw_m3_csl_02_m.jpg

Ok its a BMW, but the induction noise of this car and its total performance is just incredible. *droools*
7. Dodge Challenger
Dodge-Challenger-Concept-12.jpg

Not in full production yet but my god I want this car sooooo bad.
6. 2004 or 2007 model Porsche 911 Turbo
techart-porsche-911-turbo_1.jpg

Gotta have at least one porker in the garage. Porsche are very 'marmite' you either love them or you hate them.
5. Honda Integra Type-R
0304_1mg.jpg

Proper petrol heads car. Police magnet though sadly and now you can't really find any of this model thats not shagged to bits or stuffed in a hedge.
4. Honda S2000
HondaS2000.jpg

I'd love one of these. I've got a thing for Honda Vtec ;) and this is the daddy.
In black, black split rims, tinted glass, Mongoose sports exhaust on it, sunny day, top down. MUST.. OWN.. ONE.. urghnnnn
3. Mclaren SLR 722
slr722.jpg

Perfect everyday car. Shame about the brakes, but a small concession for such and awesome machine. Got to love the merlin sounding engine chop from this at full pelt.
2. Lambo Gallardo Superleggera
img01.jpg

First Lambo I've ever really wanted. They are usually fat, thirsty and made from plastic crap. But this is just mmmmmmmm.
1. Ferrari 4675 GTO
1296817245065829643S600x600Q85.jpg

(the GTO above is an earlier model than the 4675 but still has the same bonnet design which I love. The image below which won't link is the proper 4675. Rarer than the steam off rocking horse poop)
http://www.web-cars.com/gto/photo.php?photo=DSC_1799_a.jpg
I fell in love with the racing GTO range a long time ago. I have sat in a few over the years and had a ride in one. Just pure self indulgence for the owner. Bliss.

No wait its changed already! I've left out the Lancer Evo 7 (best shape)
Mitsubishi_Lancer_Evolution___7_5_GTA.jpg

oh well....

Last edited:
Ichigo, I will put my top 10 list up. When it is done!!! It is just too hard to narrow down, I think I might have it then it changes again! Look for it in a day or so, I should be able to decide on it then ;)

Dylan you love your cars dont you?! thats why its taking you a while- my list would read:

A blue car
A nice blue car
A nice fast blue car
A black car
A nice black car
A nice fast black car
A white car
A nice white car
A nice fast white car
A porsche

Well, here 'they' are, in no particular order and subject to constant change at any time:

rb5c.jpg

Subaru Impreza RB5. Phenomenal car, tons of ability very communicative.

Pagani_Zonda_F_32_1.jpg

Pagani Zonda F, the ultimate evolution of the Argentinian carmaker's dream.

p1.jpg

Subaru Impreza P1, best GC6 Impreza. Tuned specifically to the UK roads. I tried to model mine on this car, had the suspension, brakes, wheels and engine.

mclaren-honda-mp4401.jpg

The ultimate F1 car, between Prost and Senna, this car won 15 of 16 races in the 1988 season.

McLarenF1LM1995-002.jpg

McLaren F1, designed to be the ultimate road car (in the late '80s, released in the early '90s), and has only recently been bested for its top speed by the Koenisegg CC8 and the Bugatti Veyron.

e36m3.jpg

E36 BMW M3. Best driver M3. Ever.

can-ammclaren.jpg

The Can-Am McLaren, driven by Brucie himself.

ae86.jpg

The AE86 chassis Toyota Corolla. Not a lot of power (~135bhp), but a car bult for the driver.

997turbo.jpg

The best Porsche 911 (997)yet (barring the specials). Doesn't act like a rear engined car anymore, so can be driven quickly by non-race car drivers, but still rewards like a race-car in the right hands.

800px-1962_Ferrari_250_GTO_34_2.jpg

The Ferrari 250 GTO. Schwing!!! Automotive erotica. You want one of these nowadays??? $10 million, minimum.

I'm sorry chaps but I thought the whole Testarossa phase for Ferrari was a bad bad time styling wise. I hated those big wingback vents on the 3/4 panelling. It just made me go eurgh.

How can you say that??? the testarossa is a piece of engineering brilliance, the vetns on the back make the testarossa what it is!!! amazing!!!

I wouldn't call it engineering excellence, the McLaren F1 is engineering excellence. TBH, the Testarossa's were underpowered, nothing special in the corners and a broken brick has better aerodynamics. However, with the flat-12 they sounded fantastic and they looked the part. Which is what 1980's Ferrari's were about (except the F40 and 288 GTO Evo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back