Homepage Article Duncan Ferguson fix obvious, but long-term problems remain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunc needs to drop Keane and Seamus, give Patterson a go, maybe give Mykolenko a rest on and possibly play a three in midfield. Not trying to tell him his job like.:)
This shower need a rocket up their ends. I would give Duncan 2 months anyway though God knows who will decide our purchasing policy in the current window.

Can’t believe I’d ever agree with DaveK, it makes me feel a little nauseous actually.

But the only perk of getting Ferguson is, when he fails he’ll be gone.

Same as Sharp, great player, but shown me nothing to suggest he can be high at Everton. But, what we’ve got is a relegation fight and Ferguson has no experience.

Ferguson got carried by the crowd against Chelsea, who had their chances too. Against United and Arsenal it was desperate, it was not very good at all. But people romanticise it because it’s Ferguson.

He’s not and never will be the answer!

You cant hand half a season to this galloot novice.

Imagine having that feller representing Everton FC. He'd be effing and blindin' like a drunken sailor.

Two games max while a new boss is appointed.

Til the summer maybe but not a long term solution
why not give him a chance mate?
we tried a lot of different things, and what we know about Big Dunc:
1) he is really passionate about the club and will build a team according to that - if you a player and don't want to work hard in the long term to get something for the club so good riddance to bad rubbish!
2) he got decent experience working with different managers
3) he will give his 100% and will demand the same from the players
4) he won't be indifferent when we are in trouble or smirking where the club is 2 need down to the League'scellar team

why not give him a chance mate?
we tried a lot of different things, and what we know about Big Dunc:
1) he is really passionate about the club and will build a team according to that - if you a player and don't want to work hard in the long term to get something for the club so good riddance to bad rubbish!
2) he got decent experience working with different managers
3) he will give his 100% and will demand the same from the players
4) he won't be indifferent when we are in trouble or smirking where the club is 2 need down to the League'scellar team
passion only gets you so far though, the 4 game run he had last time pointed to him having no longevity, the Chelsea game was fun but the other 3 were mind numbingly tedious with tactics that amounted to boot it long and kick the opposition at any chance. He’ll give us a little boost for a few games if he gets another interim gig but I suspect it’ll quickly come up short.

so you basically judging this by 4 games in the transition period...
I do understand that he won't make a huge difference in the blink of an eye, but what is the situation we are in?
It is shambles, maybe it is time to rely on someone loyal (hello Carlo) and who has a strong character?

I don't think he had a lot of input insofar as tactics go with the previous managers, so he wasn't able to really make an imprint. Maybe he's learned from them all what NOT to do, such as five at the back, two in midfield, etc. Maybe he will look at the youth and bench some of the older underperformers. We need Goodison to be a cauldron against Villa for the right reasons and maybe an icy staredown with Slippy G -- who'll probably fall over and crap his kecks -- will set the tone.
A lot of maybes, I know, but this team needs something right now to act as the proverbial cattle prod.

We are in a relegation scrap now and getting rid of Benitez in itself doesn't fix that without making other changes

So the only job of any new manager (temp or perm) is to keep us up with mainly the same squad. Thats it!

Who do you get who can motivate and manage this lot, and what system do you play?

We start "rebuilding" again in the summer

Perhaps the best short term manager isn't the best longer term manager

I can’t think of anyone I’d rather have in charge in the home dugout and patrolling the touch line for the next home game. Imagine the smug kopite‘s face, who was probably expecting his father in law to be there, Duncan grabs his hand before kick off and the crowd are roaring the team on.
I’m not convinced it’s a long term solution but these players need a back to basics plan they can all understand and more importantly need the crowd behind them, points are needed ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.