Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please explain this.

First spoken of as a potential target during Carlo Ancelotti’s spell in charge, the pursuit was started under Rafael Benitez and Marcel Brands, then resumed this summer by their successors Lampard and Thelwell.

How can a player be targeted over a long period of time through different managers and directors of football?! That makes no sense at all, clearly it's not them setting the footballing strategy of the football team.

How can a player be targeted over a long period of time through different managers and directors of football?! That makes no sense at all, clearly it's not them setting the footballing strategy of the football team.
It makes sense to a point, in that it's not entirely implausible that 2 different DoFs could think the same player was worth scouting, but I agree that it maybe suggests our scouting and recruitment network is not as comprehensive as it could be.

Only 22, played 4 full seasons in the prem in a boring side and besides last season averaged 8 attacking returns per season.
I'm happy enough with this signing the more I think about it

The scouting will have shown a few of his stats as being at the top end of the league.

We have a recruitment Dept that produces data, options and recommendations, so that data transcends one individual staff member.

You've completely missed my point, which is odd considering you've quoted the post in which the point was raised.

The issues are:

1) we need CMs (plural) urgently; and
2) we have almost no room for manoeuvre in respect of the P&S rules

Therefore spending "big", in the sense that we are under scrutiny for being so close to the edge, is something I would be more comfortable seeing if it were on a player who plays in CM.

The objective context of £20m not being a huge outlay in modern football may be true, but it doesn't apply in our club's CURRENT subjective financial position.
Judge at the end of the window instead of crying now.

I said the same thing the other day, its strange isn't it.

Another completely bizzare signing. Makes no sense whatsoever.

The running of this club is just nuts, it's as if they are determined to be relegated and go under.

I've just said something similar this to @GrandOldTeam a few minutes ago funnily enough.

Clearly there is some continuity at some level of our recruitment despite managers and DoFs changing. Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.