Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
because he drifts inside a lot and his best qualities are his work rate and crossing/pick a pass. so i would play him left attacking midfield., Doucs simliar on the right and 1 midfielder as a shield in front of the defence. because he will not have the same goal output as Richy. Need Broja of any other attacker desperately now
Yeah but if he's good at cutting inside then why would you start him in the middle. If he's already in the space how can he attack it?

I just don't see this McNeil at centre mid thing. Especially in a 343 which seems to be what we're playing. If he signs, he'll be an inside forward off the right with Gordon on the other side.

I’m glad that we’ve learned from spunking so much money on below average players. 20 million for Dwight McNeil is just the kind of signing that we need.

00ECD76B-54DB-4EFD-AE44-F9B4C317429D.jpeg

Christ, Burnley being stripped to the bare bones, don't see them coming straight back up at all.

How much you potentially paying for him? Same price quoted as Cornet?

Look's a good player though, does create quite a lot of chances, just need's someone to finish them off.

Yeah but if he's good at cutting inside then why would you start him in the middle. If he's already in the space how can he attack it?

I just don't see this McNeil at centre mid thing. Especially in a 343 which seems to be what we're playing. If he signs, he'll be an inside forward off the right with Gordon on the other side.
This. He's played on the left of a 442 in Dyche's archaic system where the aim is to cross the ball as much as possible for their two massive grocks up front.

As soon as Dyche got the boot, McNeil was played on the right because that's where he'd play in most modern approaches. Drifting inside creates space for your full back to attack and that's likely to be how we operate.

We are likely to play a 433 or 343 next season and if he comes I'd expect it likely that he'd be on the right of the front three with Gordon on the left, albeit given licence to switch at times.

but who will score goals in that set up ? DCL with 30 lol ? Mc Neil and Gordon have not proved to be capable. Remember Richarlison has scored more than 10 league and cup goals in each of his 4 seasons with us

Status
Not open for further replies.