2022/23 Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is a football player. Like it or not he can play and should be in the first 11 imho.
I think McNeil will become a valuable member of Everton’s squad, needs time and a striker to look for then he will provide plenty of passes for that striker to slot home.
This guy is a football player. Like it or not he can play and should be in the first 11 imho.

Do people think that forming a snap judgment on a player makes them seem insightful?

I genuinely can't think of any other reason why anyone would leap to conclusions so quickly.

He's young, in a new side with a new system and colossal problems in attack.

Give him a break.

I think people are rightly a bit worried as he hasn't scored for 50 odd games (I wonder who his last goal was against) and he is now one of our main attacking outlets with Rondon and Gordon who both don't score goals.

If DCL was fit and Richarlison was still here I think he'd get less stick but he's one of our main attacking outlets and we need him to perform or we will go down.

Do people think that forming a snap judgment on a player makes them seem insightful?

I genuinely can't think of any other reason why anyone would leap to conclusions so quickly.

He's young, in a new side with a new system and colossal problems in attack.

Give him a break.

I agree in spirit mate, but to be fair its his fifth PL league season - i expect people would have seen a lot of him, i wasn't a fan of his signing as i just didn't and dont see his skill set and attributes as a priority or significantly improving us. I hope he proves me wrong.

I like McNeil but I have no idea why we signed him as he doesn't really work in a front 3 and especially not on the right hand side.

His strength is wide left and getting crosses into the box.

I can only assume that he will come into play when we either sign a CF or DCL returns from injury.

I have nothing against this guy, but that £20 million would have been better spent on a target man- centre forward.

EFC seem to have a fascination in signing 'wingers'.

I think people are rightly a bit worried as he hasn't scored for 50 odd games (I wonder who his last goal was against) and he is now one of our main attacking outlets with Rondon and Gordon who both don't score goals.

If Dominic Calvert-Lewin was fit and Richarlison was still here I think he'd get less stick but he's one of our main attacking outlets and we need him to perform or we will go down.
So getting on his back is the worst possible thing to do.

I'm not saying you're not allowed to be concerned about how a player has started - but labelling him crap as loudly as you can helps no one and nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.