2023/24 Dwight McNeil

You have to be a special special forward/wide player, and consistent, to succeed in the PL with his lack of pace. He is talented, and he is earnest. Ok in patches, but a really poor run going forward. And looks knackered.

Myko could cope defensively with Dobbin in front of him, who might not track as well. Only the fact that he occasionally puts in a great far post corner means Harrison should be dropped first.
I think that's the key issue.

Players the level of Ozil, Shevchenko and Mata have struggled with the pace of the Premier League at times.

As much as we loved him, Rodriguez looked like his days were numbered after the Fulham game where they made him fight for every second on the ball.

McNeil has a decent amount of technical ability, but probably not enough to compensate for his lack of physical attributes.

Think it’s mental how he’s a paid professional in the so called best league in the world and can’t use his right foot.
I can get my head around that he's always going to try and cross/shoot/pass with his left foot but he actually ONLY uses his left foot to turn/dribble. It means he has the turning circle of a tug boat and is so easy to mark.

At the same time, and its the same for harrison on the other wing, our lack of conviction from our midfielders to make those forward runs to offer an inside pass, makes it very difficult for our wingers.
Yesterday you found dacoure drift out so wide that mcneil would come inside and that effectively meant firstly, no dacoure in the box to aim at, and mcneil without a right foot cant influence much.

Ofc, we cannot afford players of the quality of Garnacho, but not in the slightest anyone in the team could take a 1vs1 to force a defender for a bad tackle.