• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Great post. Reminds me: David Peace's Red or Dead is a fine book that (eventually) cuts deep into the dark heart of that club's eagerness to put Shankly in the bin, at a time when he really needed a friend. I'd consider it to be incredible behaviour if it was from literally any other club, but not from these.

I really enjoyed that book. Didn't expect to, but it really drills into their dark heart from even before he was appointed.

Unbeaten at home for the fourth time in the last 5 seasons. Even the team that has won the title 4 out the last 5 times hasn’t managed that.

The outlier of course being one season where an injury at CB meant Liverpool lost 6 at home in a row including games against Everton Burnley Brighton Fulham. What a drop off. Odd that.
Probably something (not) in the water that year

Who watched these things? I mean, if you cannot get to the game, it was televised everywhere AND there were streams...so why the eff would you watch some tits that have never kicked a ball in their life screaming from their gaming chair?!?!

Utterly bizarre
The worst thing is there is multiple versions of them just for the them whoppers alone .

Great post. Reminds me: David Peace's Red or Dead is a fine book that (eventually) cuts deep into the dark heart of that club's eagerness to put Shankly in the bin, at a time when he really needed a friend. I'd consider it to be incredible behaviour if it was from literally any other club, but not from these.
The Shankly gates are a suitable reminder that the rs closed the gates firmly on Shankly after he retired. Scumbags.

Everton, as usual, showed class in welcoming him

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back