• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Has Alexander-Arnold been sent death threats against him and his family, have the media constantly made him enemy number 1 and verbally abused him for one footballing incident, again and again, for a sustained period of time.

I am certain I have not read anything other than a few pundits saying he is poor defensively and constructively critiquing his performances, while the majority are still 'He is the bestest there ever has been' (or at least close to that).

If he is that affected by the critique then learn how to defend, get better at what they are saying. If we are going to compare the treatment of Pickford, it is chalk and cheese, if a player is getting death threats to their family, then that is when to be concerned over a player's wellbeing not when a few pundits are basically saying 'I don't think he is a good defender'.
They’ve got the mental strength of a warm kitkat

The Billy Boys were seriously violent sectarians. Apparently the SFA has a ban on it being sung at any match....rightly so.

If it is true that it was sung at a UEFA CL match well....

@Cork Evertonian and @RFCbluenose are sound posters. They may know if it happened? @HeartofMidlothian I understand there have had instances of this being sung at Hearts games.

I really don't know because I switched over to something else.

As I said we all have some idiots in our support including EFC and Rovers - however that chant is horrible.

Imagine singing we're up to our knees in (insert any nationality or race) and expecting it to be acceptable.

I was at the Rovers match on the day Elizabeth II died and hand on heart I did not hear any Idiotic chanting.

A few twits can make headlines while thousands are appalled at what they have done in the name of a Club and its tradition.
Sorry for the late reply. Yes, I did hear it. I didn't hear it through the game (but wasn't really listening for it), but definitely heard it during the post-match interviews. Unfortunately. Really poor.

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, I did hear it. I didn't hear it through the game (but wasn't really listening for it), but definitely heard it during the post-match interviews. Unfortunately. Really poor.
Like I said, there will always be a few idiots. I was at Hampden in 87 with a bus load from Dublin and the following day we met some really sound Gers. I was wearing a Rovers Jersey- yes Green and White hoops.

They brought us to their pub and I swear I could not buy a round all evening. I remember ordering one and when I went to pay, the barman said that's already sorted.

Today, my thoughts are with Creeslough. It is a small community that are close.

Ffs Arteta make sure your team gives these an absolute kicking tomorrow, 3-0 up at half time , and do everything you can to get under the skin of kloppity. There's people all round the country waiting for his mask to properly fall off - tomorrow you can be that man.

Arsenal’s recent record against them is appalling. Don’t think they’ve even scored for a long time against them.

These next two games will show where they are at in the league. Arsenal normally roll over against them, hopefully different tomorrow. That result and the midweek against Rangers may well have a bearing on next weekend's game against City. Anything less than 4 points against Arsenal and City and their league challenge is effectively over. The only thing they'll have to cling to is a run in the Champions League and that's no guarantee considering they've lumber through the first three games.

Aresenal shall put these confounded dogs to the sword and will show no quarter. My only wish is that we had been more ruthless with them. Curse their scaly hides I say.

Let's see how good Arsenal are when they are ruthlessly closed down and tackled and free kicks are no longer a sure thing when they fall over and roll around. This will go a long way to prove it Arsenal are still just flat track bullies or the real thing.

Let's see how good Arsenal are when they are ruthlessly closed down and tackled and free kicks are no longer a sure thing when they fall over and roll around. This will go a long way to prove it Arsenal are still just flat track bullies or the real thing.
If Arsenal fancies them selves been in the title race this is a game they have to win. They need to keep pressure on City. I think Arteta will bottle it personally. We need someone to stay with City tho because the premier league don’t like a one horse race. they will manipulate it to get Liverpool back in the title race like last year. So why they still look poor Arsenal need to take full advantage.

If Arsenal fancies them selves been in the title race this is a game they have to win. They need to keep pressure on City. I think Arteta will bottle it personally. We need someone to stay with City tho because the premier league don’t like a one horse race. they will manipulate it to get Liverpool back in the title race like last year. So why they still look poor Arsenal need to take full advantage.
I remember the other year when Arteta got into it with klopp, he needs to keep his head cool and the team be professional.
There is no reason Arsenal can't win this

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back