• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Nauseating comments from Rob Edwards, the latest in a long list of opposing managers who are happy to just roll over for a belly tickle and a headpat.

"We just made them angry I think didn't we," Edwards said post-match.

"Second-half I think we just saw Anfield, saw Liverpool, saw that full-throttle football. Their counter-pressing was incredible, suffocated us.

"Fans were amazing and it was probably difficult for the players to really concentrate. The real threat came from their counter-pressing, their intensity, it really put us on the back foot.

"Clearly I'm disappointed to concede from a corner and a throw in as well, those are the bits we know we can improve on, especially in that noise when your mate next to you can't hear you. You've got to be able to deal with those situations better.

"But, bigger and better teams have come here and that's sort of happened to them as well so it's not a disgrace.

"It was like the Kop was just sucking it in and we couldn't really get out. We saw Anfield and Liverpool at it's best, I thought they were brilliant."

It’s embarrassing. He was all smiles and laughs with Klopp and the young lad Danns because he wanted to tell him he played with his dad. You have just been beat 4-1 after leading for half the game and sit in the bottom 3 because of it.

Nauseating comments from Rob Edwards, the latest in a long list of opposing managers who are happy to just roll over for a belly tickle and a headpat.

"Second-half I think we just saw Anfield, saw Liverpool, saw that full-throttle football. Their counter-pressing was incredible, suffocated us.

"Fans were amazing and it was probably difficult for the players to really concentrate. The real threat came from their counter-pressing, their intensity, it really put us on the back foot.

"Clearly I'm disappointed to concede from a corner and a throw in as well, those are the bits we know we can improve on, especially in that noise when your mate next to you can't hear you. You've got to be able to deal with those situations better.

"But, bigger and better teams have come here and that's sort of happened to them as well so it's not a disgrace.

"It was like the Kop was just sucking it in and we couldn't really get out. We saw Anfield and Liverpool at it's best, I thought they were brilliant."

Embarrassing. Hope he enjoys that result when they’re relegated this season. Kopite sycophants everywhere who all grew up with their glory hunting dads creaming themselves over the RE. Embarrassing. Imagine you’re a Luton fan reading that from your manager.

Still think Herr shippmann will have an epiphany and change his mind at the end of the season, especially if this nauseating mass tug off continues over him and his brave team of injured kids and nobodies, managing to patch a side together that cost a half a billion quid and beat Barca-Luton 4–1, and they get airlifted to the league and other comps.

The egotistical bellend wont be able to leave it behind.

Their fans are no better. Embarrassing. 1000011718.webp

Honestly I try to avoid this topic as my view of that club is obviously going to be very different to the majority on here. I didn't grow up in Luton itself but in the surrounding area, most of the lads at my primary school didn't support the local clubs (and those few that did usually went with Watford) but by far the most supported club was Liverpool, followed by Arsenal to a fair degree. No Utd fans at all back then although randomly one City fan who must be happy with how that turned out 30+ years on!

I do strongly agree with the usual GOT view that the media frenzy over Liverpool is usually OTT but it's not hugely different to any of the other 'big' clubs when something the media can spin a lazy narrative around is happening. Klopp is a bit more of a 'personality' than other managers so maybe that makes it easier? I think on here there's a certain degree of bias that magnifies it when it comes to them though.

Honestly I try to avoid this topic as my view of that club is obviously going to be very different to the majority on here. I didn't grow up in Luton itself but in the surrounding area, most of the lads at my primary school didn't support the local clubs (and those few that did usually went with Watford) but by far the most supported club was Liverpool, followed by Arsenal to a fair degree. No Utd fans at all back then although randomly one City fan who must be happy with how that turned out 30+ years on!

I do strongly agree with the usual GOT view that the media frenzy over Liverpool is usually OTT but it's not hugely different to any of the other 'big' clubs when something the media can spin a lazy narrative around is happening. Klopp is a bit more of a 'personality' than other managers so maybe that makes it easier? I think on here there's a certain degree of bias that magnifies it when it comes to them though.
How do you feel about your manager being more interested in his ‘Analfield Experience’ than the result?
Wonder how much he spent in the RS club shop?

He's the manager that achieved promotion and has somehow kept things competitive when all the preseason predictions from the media were a sub-Derby points tally (yes it's fair to say that Everton's financial problems are also a factor in that). He also managed to take a point off them at home, for all the complaints about being star-struck in the face of Klopp's pearly whites.

Besides, I've never been to Anfield. He might be right...

what a lickspittle

No there isn't. It's exactly how they are. It will reveal itself to you one day, it always does, eventually. They are a completely different breed.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back